Easy, healthy and protein-packed, this ham and egg wrap with herbs makes the perfect lunch. It would be a great breakfast too!
I tend to get in lunch ruts so it is really nice to mix things up a bit. This egg wrap seems to be something I just keep coming back to. Especially if I didn’t have eggs for breakfast. I love eggs and could probably eat them three times a day if I didn’t have to worry about things like cholesterol.
About this ham and egg wrap
This wrap is SO good, you guys! I love the combination of scrambled eggs with the salty ham, a little cheese (gotta have cheese!) and then topped with crispy greens with fresh herbs.
So much flavor already in this wrap! What really takes it over the top is a thin layer of chive and onion cream cheese which gets kind of melty from the heat of the scrambled eggs.
I could eat this ham and egg wrap every day!
How to make this recipe your own
As with all my recipes, it would be so easy to customize this wrap based on what you have in the house or what you’re in the mood for any given day.
I pretty much always have a package of wraps in my house because I love them for quick lunches or dinners. You could also use soft wheat tortillas or other wraps. A spinach wrap would be cool.
These ham and egg wraps with herbs would be great vegetarian — just leave the ham out! Or if you don’t have the greens with herbs mixed in, you can easily add whatever herbs you love or have in your fridge. I used provolone cheese but any type of cheese would be fantastic!
I wouldn’t omit the cream cheese spread, though…and please make it the chive and onion. It takes this egg wrap to magical places.
If you prefer a cold wrap, maybe for a lunch box, make an egg salad wrap. Simply layer the egg salad, ham, cheese, and greens on the wrap, and roll it up. Delicious!
Looking for more great wraps?
In addition to the ham and cheese wrap with herbs, here’s a few more of my favorites:
- Vegetarian Wrap with Provolone and Red Pepper Hummus
- Lamb Lettuce Wraps with Red Pepper Hummus Sauce
- California Breakfast Wrap (Eggs, Avocado, Bacon)
- Roasted Vegetable Wrap with Feta
- Collard Wrap with Black Beans, Chicken, and Avocado (lower carb)
- Grilled Chicken and Strawberry Salad Wrap from The Pioneer Woman
- Chicken Shawarma Pita with Tahini Garlic Sauce from The Lemon Bowl
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon milk
- pepper to taste
- 1 wrap or large tortilla
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat chive and onion cream cheese, more or less to taste
- 2 thin slices of deli ham
- one slice cheese (use your favorite)
- 1-2 big handfuls of mixed greens with herbs
- In a small bowl, whisk together eggs, milk and pepper. In a small frying pan over medium heat, scramble eggs to your liking (I like them to be soft when I’m done scrambling them).
- Meanwhile, spread cream cheese all over wrap. Near one end, lay out ham slices. On top of them, layer the cheese slice. When eggs are scrambled, add eggs on top of cheese and top with mixed greens. Roll up and enjoy!
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Husband’s take: He’s not big into cream cheese. I usually eat this while he’s at work.
Changes I would make: None are necessary!