Linguine with Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Olives, and Lemon
You’ll love linguine with sun-dried tomatoes, salty olives, and bright lemon! Serve it as a light main dish, side dish, or even a salad.
I’m so happy to have Kelly from Eat Yourself Skinny guest posting for me today. Not only is Kelly the sweetest girl on the planet, but she also has a wonderful blog with great photography and healthy, easy to make recipes! If you haven’t seen her blog, go check it out ASAP! With that, I’ll turn it over to Kelly! She cooked up something that looks so delicious, and perfect for these hot summer days! Show her some love!
Hi friends! I’m SO excited to be guest posting for Rachel’s fabulous blog! I was lucky enough to have her guest post for me recently and she made delicious Blueberry-Strawberry Muffins that were such a huge hit…mmm! Not only are Rachel’s recipes amazing and so delicious, her blog Rachel Cooks is crazy fun to read and definitely one of my favorites :) (See what I mean when I said she is the sweetest person on the planet?!? –From Rachel)
The dish I chose to share with you is one I’ve wanted to make for a while now and I found this recipe while watching the gorgeous Giada De Laurentiis on Food Network. I mean, you can’t go wrong with one of HER recipes right??
This linguine with sun-dried tomatoes has so many amazing flavors and the use of lemon is incredible! I love this pasta dish because there is absolutely no heavy cream or butter and everything tastes amazingly fresh.
Oh, and did I mention this was super easy to whip up and took me no longer than 10 minutes??
Yep, it’s pretty awesome.
Best part about this dish is that it yields SO many leftovers and we found that it actually tastes just as great cold! Reminds me of a cold pasta salad that you would find at a cookout or picnic.
This pasta dish is something I would definitely share with my friends. Hope you enjoy this as much as we do! Thanks again, Rachel, for inviting me to guest post on your wonderful blog!
- 1 pkg. (16 oz.) linguine pasta
- 1 cup (6 oz.) chopped or julienned sun-dried tomatoes in oil, drained
- 1 cup (4 oz.) medium green olives, pitted
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1 clove garlic, roughly chopped
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and freshly ground back pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add the pasta and cook until tender, but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain and reserve about 1 cup of the pasta water. Place the pasta in a large serving bowl.
- In a food processor, combine the sun-dried tomatoes, olives, basil, garlic, oil, lemon zest, and lemon juice and reserved pasta water. Pulse until blended but still chunky.
- Add the Parmesan cheese to the pasta and toss well. Pour the tomato mixture on top and toss until the pasta is coated. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Enjoy!
- Add cooked shrimp or chicken to pasta, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 of 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 330Total Fat: 24gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 534mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 8g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.