Cinnamon Streusel Scones
Buttery (giant-sized!) cinnamon streusel scones will fulfill all your breakfast dreams! You’ll love the streusel filling.
Note: Due to a family emergency, I’ve lined up a few guest posts from some of the best blogging friends a girl could ask for! The first is Miss from Miss in the Kitchen. Thanks again, Miss. It means more than you know.
Hey Y’all! I am Miss from Miss in the Kitchen and I jumped at the chance to do a guest post for Rachel. Rachel is one of my best blogging pals and I was glad to help her out while she’s out-of-pocket with her family.
I have been running a little crazy this week and when I had a free morning I knew I had to have some scones. Scones are one of my favorite things for breakfast. I tend to make them and then snack on them all day.
These are not your ordinary dainty scones, they are GIANT! If you must have dainty scones, then by all means divide the dough in half and make 2 small circles. I figure it doesn’t matter if I eat one giant scone or 3 tiny scones, so why not make them big? I also added a streusel filling that made them out of this world delicious. I know you are going to love them!
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) cold butter, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl, add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt and sugar. Cut in butter into dry ingredients until it's pea size crumbles.
- In separate bowl, stir yogurt, egg and vanilla together. Stir into flour mixture. Pour onto a lightly floured surface and knead five or six times. Divide dough in half. Pat each half into about an 8 inch circle. Carefully place one dough circle onto a greased or lined baking sheet.
- In a small bowl, combine streusel ingredients until crumbly. Sprinkle over bottom dough circle. Place remaining dough circle over streusel filling. Pinch edges together gently. Using a sharp knife, carefully cut into 8 wedges. Place on baking sheet.
- Brush with egg white and sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- For smaller sized scones, divide dough into four portions, make two 4-inch circles, add streusel to each, top with two more circles and cut each into 8 scones, making 16 mini scones.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 34mgSodium: 398mgCarbohydrates: 55gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 7g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.