Easy Red Velvet Cookies
These red velvet cookies couldn’t be simpler to make. Great for a last-minute Valentine’s Day treat!
These days — you see “red velvet” everything. Some of the recipes are labor intensive, some easy, but all have the chocolate taste you love and that unmistakable red hue. Red velvet is perfect for the upcoming love bird holiday (great for Christmas too!) but I say it’s great any time of the year.
These red velvet cookies are unbelievably easy to make. Next time you’re at the grocery store, pick up a box of red velvet cake mix (any brand!). That’s where the fun begins. To the cake mix, you add melted butter, a couple of eggs and stir stir stir! Then you roll the batter into balls, coat the balls in a mixture of powdered sugar and cornstarch, and bake.
So easy and delicious!
These thick, chewy cookies are full of the red velvet flavor you love. They’re perfect to send off to school with your kids. Or for a Valentine’s bake sale. Or to mail to a friend who might need a little surprise on Valentine’s Day.
Or you could just eat them yourself. That would be a good idea too. A very good idea.
I’m also loving these easy three ingredient peanut butter cookies from Barefeet in the Kitchen!
You can also find the red velvet cookie recipe on Food Fanatic.
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- one (18.25 ounce) box red velvet cake mix
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a shallow bowl, mix together powdered sugar and cornstarch with a fork or small whisk. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, combine butter, cake mix, and eggs by hand using a sturdy spoon. When combined, roll into balls about 1-inch in diameter. Roll balls in powdered sugar mixture and transfer to a baking sheet, about 12 per sheet.
- Bake for 10-11 minutes or until set. Cool for 1-2 minutes on baking sheet before moving to a cooking rack. Store in airtight container when completely cooled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 2 cookies
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 87Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 36mgSodium: 26mgCarbohydrates: 8gFiber: 0gSugar: 7gProtein: 1g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.