This easy grapefruit cheesecake with mint is rich yet refreshing. It’s a perfect summer dessert for any occasion.
About this Grapefruit Cheesecake Recipe
- Easy: Does cheesecake intimidate you? Springform pans, cracks, and 4 blocks of cream cheese? In true Rachel Cooks form, this recipe is significantly easier than the traditional version of cheesecake.
- Simple and Straightforward: This grapefruit cheesecake is made with only one eight ounce package of cream cheese (you can use reduced fat!), and baked in an 8×8 or 9×9 pan lined with parchment paper. After you let the grapefruit cheesecake bars cool, all you need to do is lift that parchment paper out and slice the cheesecake into squares. It’s SO easy.
- Fresh: I recommend piling a bunch of the fresh grapefruit and mint on top of the grapefruit cheesecake bars – it adds such a bright freshness that is the perfect contrast to the rich filling of the cheesecake.
Tip for Success
This cheesecake will appear alarmingly runny, even after cooking. Trust your gut and the baking instructions and let it cool completely in the fridge. It will set up and be perfect for slicing.
More Grapefruit Recipes
I love the the beautiful color, tartness, and juiciness of pink grapefruit! You can enjoy it plain or in these recipes:
- Spring salad with rose vinaigrette, asparagus, and grapefruit
- Citrus salad with mint, honey, and lime
- Citrus and beef skewers with grapefruit and garlic
- Easy grapefruit slush recipe by She Wears Many Hats
- Pink grapefruit yogurt cake recipe by 2 Peas and Their Pod
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs (or 10 full sheets graham crackers)
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces reduced fat cream cheese, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 1 (14oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup fresh squeezed grapefruit juice
- 1 tablespoon grapefruit zest
- Grapefruit slices and fresh mint for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray an 8 or 9-inch square pan with nonstick cooking spray; line with parchment paper and then spray parchment paper.
- If you have whole graham crackers, use a food processor to crush crackers into fine crumbs. Stir in sugar and melted butter into the graham cracker crumbs and mix until combined. Press firmly into prepared pan. (I like to use the bottom of a measuring cup to do this.)
- Bake crust for 7 minutes. Remove from oven.
- While the crust is baking, beat the cream cheese until fluffy using an electric mixer and then beat in the egg, sweetened condensed milk, grapefruit juice and the zest until combined. Filling will be very runny.
- Once combined, pour filling onto your crust and bake until golden brown around the edges and the middle is slightly jiggly, about 35 minutes.
- Cool bars in refrigerator for at least 4 hours before slicing (they’ll continue to firm up in the fridge).
- Top with fresh grapefruit slices and fresh mint immediately before serving.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.