A perfect taste of the holidays, these Andes Mint Cookies are full of chocolate and mint goodness in every single bite!
I made these cookies on the same day that I made my coffee cookies with clove. While those coffee and clove cookies are a bit more adventurous, these Andes Mint Cookies speak to the traditionalist.
These cookies are irresistibly chewy but still crisp around the edges, thanks to a bit of cornstarch in the dough — similar to my popular M&M cookies.
These would be a welcome addition to any holiday cookie plate, or any time of year, really! I could go for one right about now, actually. Happy Baking!
More Minty Cookies
- Peppermint Sugar Cookie Sandwiches with Chocolate Ganache Filling
- Peppermint Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Peppermint Lofthouse Sugar Cookies
- Chocolate Candy Cane Kiss Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 10 ounce package Andes Creme De Menthe Baking Chips
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), cream together butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). With the mixer on low, add in egg and vanilla. Return mixer to medium and mix until incorporated. Scrape sides if needed.
- With the mixer back on low, add dry ingredient mixture gradually until dough forms. Mix in Andes baking chips. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes or up to 24 hours. Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare baking sheets by lining with parchment paper or Silpat; set aside.
- Form balls from approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of dough. Place on baking sheet (I did 8 at a time, they do spread a bit). Bake for 11-13 minutes or until edges are just barely golden. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes on baking sheet before removing and placing on wire rack to finish cooling. Store in airtight container.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.