Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Noodles – GIVEAWAY
This Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Reames Frozen Egg Noodles (I’m partnering with them to bring you this recipe!) is cozy, comforting and easy to make. You’ll love the twist on classic enchiladas with thick, hearty noodles swimming in a delicious broth.
Has it been absolutely frigid where you all live? We’ve been trying to still get the kids outside here and there to play in the snow, but after coming back inside, we’re all craving something warm and cozy. Sometimes it’s a cup of hot cocoa but soup has been making an appearance on our dinner table more and more often.
It warms you from the inside out, it’s hearty and filling, and most of the time it only requires one pan to make. All things I love!
This Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Noodles is a fun mash-up of chicken noodle soup and chicken enchiladas. It gives you all the flavor of chicken enchiladas – Mexican spices, tender chicken, peppers and onions. I added corn for a nice touch of crisp crunch and made it all nice and creamy, because what are enchiladas without cheese? You can even add a sprinkle of cheese on top if you want it to be extra cheesy!
Tip: Like beef more than chicken? Try this with thinly sliced beef or even ground beef for delicious beef enchilada soup!
Then I added the NOODLES. Everything is better with pasta, am I right? I teamed up with Reames Frozen Egg Noodles to fill this soup with thick, homestyle egg noodles. There’s something about these noodles that is so much more satisfying and cozy than dried pasta. It’s probably because they taste like homemade pasta so you feel like you’re in grandma’s kitchen eating a hot bowl of soup.
Another thing I personally love about Reames Frozen Egg Noodles is that all of their Frozen Egg Noodles are made with 3 simple ingredients: Eggs, Flour, Water.
Reames Frozen Egg Noodles take a little longer to cook than dried pasta, but it’s worth it. It helps all the flavors in the soup meld and the result is undeniably irresistible.
All in all, it’s ready in about 45 minutes and it’s just the cozy and comforting thing you need after a chilly day, whether you spend it inside or outside.
Enter to win a $50 gift card!
Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Noodles
This Creamy Chicken Enchilada Soup with Noodles is cozy, comforting and easy to make. You’ll love the twist on classic enchiladas with thick, hearty noodles swimming in a delicious broth.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 3/4 cup diced yellow onion (about 1 medium onion)
- 1 cup diced sweet bell peppers (about one bell pepper)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 can (14.5oz) diced tomatoes (with their juice)
- 4 cups (1 qt) reduced-sodium chicken broth or stock
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups (about 1/2 of a 16oz package) frozen Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles
- 1 can (15.25oz) corn, drained
- 1 cup 2% or whole milk
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack Cheese (extra for topping, if desired)_
- cilantro for garnish, optional
- In a large pot, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken, onion, and bell peppers. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Saute until onions are translucent and chicken is browned (5-6 minutes).
- Add spices (chili powder, cumin, oregano) and stir to toast slightly, about 1 minute.
- Add tomato paste and stir until all ingredients are coated, being careful not to burn.
- Add tomatoes, chicken broth, and water and increase heat to high to bring to a boil.
- Add Reames Homestyle Egg Noodles, return to a boil, and cook uncovered for 20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in corn. In a small bowl (or measuring cup), whisk milk and cornstarch until no lumps remain. While stirring, pour into soup and continue to heat for about 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in cheese and cook until melted.
- Serve immediately topped with fresh cilantro and additional cheese if desired.
Yield: 6 servings, Serving Size: 1 of 6
- Amount Per Serving:
- Calories: 341 Calories
- Total Fat: 13g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Cholesterol: 78mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 8g
- Protein: 27g
Verdict: I looooved this soup. The thick chewy noodles kept me coming back for more.
Husband’s take: Ben loves this soup too – he had most of the leftovers and said he’d want to add it to the regular rotation!
Changes I would make: None are necessary!
If you need help finding the product, use their product locator!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Reames®. The opinions and text are all mine.