Lemon Basil Vinaigrette Dressing Recipe
Bright and fragrant, this lemon basil vinaigrette dressing is the perfect healthy salad dressing. It’s Whole30 compliant and is a great addition to a green tossed salad or a pasta salad. It’s also great drizzled on top of grilled chicken!
When I did my first Whole30 last year, I got hooked on Gaby’s Basil Vinaigrette. Most times I made it, I would loosely follow the directions based on what ingredients I had on hand, but it was always some take on it. I loved the way it transformed my vegetable hashes in the morning and it was also great stirred into cauliflower rice or a simple salad.
This lemon basil vinaigrette developed out of that recipe. I was also dreaming up a pasta salad recipe (that will be coming in the future) and needed the perfect bright and fresh salad dressing to complement the salad ingredients.
This dressing comes together in 5 minutes and will store great in the fridge for up to 5 or 6 days. One of the keys to healthy eating is to keep it interesting and flavorful so you don’t get bored. This lemon basil vinaigrette will add flavor to any number of things you choose to put it on. You guys will love it!
Can’t get enough homemade salad dressing recipes like this lemon basil vinaigrette? Try these:
- Creamy Chili Lime Dressing
- Carrot Vinaigrette Salad Dressing (another Whole30 compliant dressing!)
- Creamy Poppy Seed Dressing
- Creamy Avocado Lime Dressing with Cumin
- Sweet and Tangy Honey Mustard Vinaigrette (one of my favorites!)
- Fresh Raspberry Vinaigrette
- Reduced Fat Ranch Dressing Recipe
- 2 tablespoons freshly-squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup tightly packed fresh basil leaves (about 2oz) - some small stems are okay, too
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- honey to taste, optional
- In a blender, blend together juice, basil leaves, red wine vinegar, salt, red pepper flakes, and garlic powder.
- Pour oil in gradually (while blending if your blender allows it).
- Taste and season as desired. If it's too tangy for your taste, add a bit more olive oil or salt. You can also add honey if you'd like - this will make it NOT Whole30 compliant.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1.5 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 130Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 134mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 0g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietician. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Husband’s take: Ben and the whole dinner party loved this dressing on the pasta salad!
Changes I would make: None are necessary!
Difficulty: Easy! So stinking easy.