Blueberries and Cream Popcorn
The fun thing about popcorn (other than the fact that it’s the best food on earth) is that you can pretty much do anything to it. It’s a blank slate waiting to be decorated with any food you’re craving or even just whatever you have in the house.
Sweet, savory, salty-sweet, spicy-sweet, whatever you want. The only thing you’re limited by is your creativity. So get creative! I seem to gravitate towards sweet popcorn flavors like Cinnamon Toast Crunch popcorn or Brownie Brittle popcorn, and this recipe is no different. I used dried blueberries (I got mine from Costco!) and white chocolate. And popcorn! That’s it!
A few tips:
- As always, I use mushroom popcorn for fancy popcorn flavors like this one. It pops up really full and is a great vessel for whatever toppings you are adding.
- Preheat your air popper for at least 2-3 minutes to minimize the number of unpopped kernels.
- Remove any unpopped or barely popped kernels. I know I say it every time (hello, yes, I am a broken record), but it is SO SO SO important! Consider yourself warned. I am not to be held responsible for any expensive visits to the dentist.
You’ll have this popcorn made in less than 10 minutes. You can start digging in right away, but I’d recommend letting the candy coating or white chocolate harden before chowing down.
Oh and BY THE WAY – it has blueberries in it so it’s healthy!*
*Not really true.
One more note – if you prefer to use fresh blueberries, I have a couple tips.
- Wash them and dry them completely or you’ll have soggy popcorn.
- I’d sprinkle them on top after you’ve coated the popcorn with the candy coating. If you try to stir it with the fresh blueberries in there, you’ll end up with squished berries which will lead to soggy popcorn.
- Only use fresh blueberries if you’re going to eat it all immediately.
- Long story short, use dried. Not fresh. Save those for snackin’. Or muffins. Or pie.
Are you a popcorn-aholic like me? I have you covered with over 50 great popcorn recipes!