A super easy treat with only three ingredients: pretzels, Rolo caramels, and pecan halves. The sweet and salty combination is irresistible!
The hardest part of this recipe is unwrapping Rolos.
So you can definitely handle this. That’s also why I saved this until right before Christmas. Pretzel Rolo turtles are beyond easy to make and taste oh-so-delicious.
This isn’t an original idea, I’ve seen it floating around the internet. If you know who came up with it (maybe it is YOU?) or who I can attribute it to, please give me a holler so I can credit it to them.
Let me tell you–these are a crowd-pleaser. Who doesn’t love caramel, chocolate and a little salty crunch? I could eat a million of these.
About Rolo pretzel turtles:
As you can probably guess from the photos, you only need three ingredients: Rolos (a chocolate covered caramel candy), small pretzels, and pecan halves. I like to mix it up and substitute colorful M&M’s for the pecans.
The kids will love to help out if you’re looking for an easy project that they can participate in. It’s fun to make a batch or two of these goodies and make special deliveries to the neighbors.
This recipe makes as many or as little as you want. It depends on how many Rolo caramels you have.
Here’s how these treats come together:
Get your oven preheating to 350°F. Unwrap all the Rolos you want to use.If you’re lucky, you can find a bag of Rolos Unwrapped. Then you can skip this step.
Arrange the pretzels on a baking sheet. I like to use the mini waffle pretzels because they hold the Rolos nicely. Top each pretzel with a Rolo and pop them into the oven for just a wink of an eye (or four minutes).
While the Rolos are still soft and warm, press a pecan half or an M&M in the center. Cool and enjoy!
I just want to note that the pecans taste much better if you take the time to toast them a bit before using them. Every nut tastes better toasted. An easy way to toast the pecans is to use your microwave. Spread the pecans on a large plate, and microwave for about 45 seconds. You’ll be amazed how this simple step enhances the flavor of the pecans.
Looking for more easy treats?
Life can be complicated around the holidays so stock up on some easy to make treats. Try:
- Best Rice Krispie Treats — this is a classic recipe that I’ve improved on just a bit.
- Christmas Tree Rice Krispie Treats — look impressive, but are super easy.
- Cinnamon Toast Crunch Bars
- Blondies — So easy to stir up, and you can be creative with add-ins.
- Cool Whip Cookies (only 4 ingredients)
- Biscoff No-Bake Cookies
- 1 bag Rolos (chocolate covered caramels) -- see note
- 1 bag waffle style pretzels
- pecans (or M&Ms)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Unwrap the Rolos. There is no getting around this part.
- Arrange pretzels on a baking sheet and top each with a Rolo.
- Bake approximately 4 minutes or until Rolo is melty.Remove from oven.
- Press in pecan (or M&M) while Rolos are still soft. Enjoy!
- If you want to skip the unwrapping process, Rolos Unwrapped are now available in 7.6-oz. bags. There are approximately 35 individual candies in the bag.
- For best flavor, toast pecans first. Arrange on a large plate and microwave for 45 seconds.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 2 turtles
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 20Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 41mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Husband’s take: I don’t remember his exact words…probably something like, “I could live on these things.”
Changes I would make: Are you crazy? NONE!
Difficulty: Umm…super easy. Super, super easy.