Funfetti Pudding Pops {sprinkles!}

May I just forewarn you all that I do believe I might be obsessed with popsicles this year? (And I’m obviously obsessed with funfetti — who isn’t?)

I bought these Tovolo Groovy Ice Pop Molds* and I’m not going to lie, I wanted to kill someone every time I tried to get a popsicle out. I practically dislocated my shoulder.

But now I think I finally have the hang of it and everyone is probably safe. Including my shoulder.

Funfetti Pudding Pops | RachelCooks.com

Now that I can actually get the stinkers out of the molds (75% of the time), my mind is going a million miles a minute with new popsicle ideas. Let’s just start with pudding pops. Smooth, creamy and nostalgic. Plus these funfetti pops are so stinking cute. Kids will love them! And they are a good source of calcium. And sprinkles.

funfetti-popsicles-4-600

Another great thing about popsicles? Beyond easy to make. These start with an instant pudding mix — whisk it up, stir in the sprinkles and freeze. Done.

funfetti-popsicles-600

Enjoy!

Funfetti Pudding Pops

Yield: 4 large popsicles

Prep Time: 5 minutes

Total Time: 3 hours, 5 minutes

Easy to make, festive, and fun, these funfetti pudding pops will be a fun treat for the whole family.

Ingredients:

• one 3.4 ounce package of instant vanilla pudding
  • 1 and 3/4 cup 2% milk
  • 1/4 cup multi-colored jimmies (sprinkles)

Directions:

1. Whisk milk and pudding mix for about 1 minute or until it begins to thicken.
  2. Whisk in jimmies, pour into popsicle molds, and freeze until firm (at least 3 hours). Once frozen, remove from popsicle molds and enjoy immediately.

Verdict: Darn good.
Husband’s take: Him and E both loved these fun pops.
Changes I would make: None!
Difficulty: So easy!

funfetti-popsicles-3-600

Craving More Funfetti?

Sky High Funfetti Brownies
Shortbread Cookies
Homemade Cupcakes by Gimme Some Oven
Salt Water Taffy by The Cupcake Project
Waffles by Krissy’s Creations

*affiliate link

61 Responses to “Funfetti Pudding Pops {sprinkles!}”

1. Ashley — June 12, 2013 at 7:14 am

My kids will eat anything in Popsicle form! I love how you added the sprinkes – so pretty!

2. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — June 12, 2013 at 7:15 am

So cute!! These are so fun!

• Rachel Gurk — June 12th, 2013 @ 7:39 am

Thanks Katrina!

3. kita — June 12, 2013 at 7:36 am

Is it wrong that I may be making these in like three minutes… for myself? ;D

• Rachel Gurk — June 12th, 2013 @ 7:37 am

It would be wrong if you didn’t ;)

4. Kristen — June 12, 2013 at 8:15 am

These are so brilliant!!!

5. steph@stephsbitebybite — June 12, 2013 at 8:48 am

How fun are these?!!!

6. sheila — June 12, 2013 at 8:56 am

Pudding Pops have always one of my favorites!! How fun to add sprinkles!

7. amanda @ fake ginger — June 12, 2013 at 9:00 am

I need to find my popsicle molds so I can make these! Yum!

8. carrian — June 12, 2013 at 9:23 am

Oh my goodness, my kids would die with excitement!!

9. Erin @ The Spiffy Cookie — June 12, 2013 at 9:32 am

Oh. My. Goodness! Screw the kids (sorry little ones) hand those sprinkle treats on over to me!

10. Kayle (The Cooking Actress) — June 12, 2013 at 9:36 am

Eeee I love how fun and colorful these are!

11. Laurie {SimplyScratch} — June 12, 2013 at 9:41 am

Rachel! These look so fun and soooo darn good! My kids would totally flip if I made these… bookmarked for the weekend! :)

12. Tieghan — June 12, 2013 at 9:43 am

These are SO fun!

13. Angie | Big Bear's Wife — June 12, 2013 at 10:16 am

YAY for them finally coming out of the mold. Pudding pops are so much fun and I love making them. I got a popsicle mold a few weeks ago and have been making pudding pops like crazy! I’ll have to make some of these!

14. Meagan @ A Zesty Bite — June 12, 2013 at 11:12 am

These are so cute and such a great snack for the Summer.

15. dixya| food, pleasure, and health — June 12, 2013 at 11:16 am

I am so going to try this!

16. Meghan — June 12, 2013 at 12:03 pm

Who doesn’t love pudding pops and sprinkles make them a kazillion times better! These are so fun!

17. Nik@ABrownTable — June 12, 2013 at 12:48 pm

These look delicious!

18. Kelli @ The Corner Kitchen — June 12, 2013 at 1:10 pm

These are too darn cute! And, as well as know, sprinkles make everything better!

19. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 12, 2013 at 1:59 pm

Any way to get more sprinkles in my diet is okay with me! Love this.

20. Ashley — June 12, 2013 at 2:39 pm

I love pudding pops, and this is a great spin on them – super cute!

21. Carla @ Carlas Confections — June 12, 2013 at 3:54 pm

So cute!! Funfetti is the best :)

22. Tracey — June 12, 2013 at 3:58 pm

Funfetti pudding pops – no way!! What a super fun, simple idea!

23. Cassie — June 12, 2013 at 4:00 pm

These are so fun, Rach! I’m a fool for sprinkles!

24. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — June 12, 2013 at 5:02 pm

I love pudding pops, and your popsicle holders are so cute!

25. Renee - Kudos Kitchen — June 12, 2013 at 5:26 pm

I just bought a popsicle mold a few weeks ago. I’ve been wanting one for years.
    This is such a simple and fun idea! Who doesn’t like sprinkles?

26. Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking — June 12, 2013 at 5:47 pm

Oh wow, these look incredibly yummy! I love making popsicles and this is unlike any other flavor I’ve seen!

27. Hayley @ The Domestic Rebel — June 12, 2013 at 6:48 pm

My eyeballs are shooting out hearts. I LOVE the idea of funfetti pudding pops! How perfect is this?!

28. Kristy — June 12, 2013 at 8:35 pm

This look so delicious!! I’m going to have to make these soon!

29. Karen - Cinnamon Freud — June 13, 2013 at 12:50 am

Sprinkles in popsicles? I am so in!

30. laurasmess — June 13, 2013 at 2:34 am

These are definitely FUNfetti pops Rachel!! They look gorgeous and I can imagine that they’d be an incredible addition to any kid’s (or adult’s!) birthday party or picnic. The molds are a beautiful shape, despite the ‘dislodging icy-pole’ problem that you initially experienced! Yikes!

31. angela @ another bite please — June 13, 2013 at 2:00 pm

i just got the tovolo rocket pops…made watermelon pops which the boys loved…now this recipe is perfect since i have a box of pudding mix just laying around wanting to be used up! it is going to be a great summer making popsicles!

32. Melissa — June 14, 2013 at 2:12 pm

When I was a little girl, right next to my Easy Bake oven were my Popsicle molds. Granted it was a long time ago and I was just a kid, but to get our Popsicles safely out of their mold we would run them under hot water for just a few seconds. Then they would slip right out.

33. Bev @ Bev Cooks — June 16, 2013 at 11:02 am

oh.my.gosh.i.need.thiiiiiis.

34. ashley - Baker by Nature — June 16, 2013 at 9:35 pm

So I just bought the same popsicle molds last week (in yellow though) and I had the same issue trying to get them out! I wasted 3 batches of perfectly good popsicles because the darn sticks pulled out, but the popsicle didn’t. I’m not gonna lie… I was pissed. But finally they seem to be letting up! I think these funfetti pops would be gone in 2 seconds in our house.

35. Jennifer — July 5, 2013 at 7:59 pm

I am not sure I did this right. I couldn’t find 3.4 ounce box so I bought 4 one oz boxes. And it came out supper thick. Is this supposed to be use 3/4 of a box?

• Rachel Gurk — July 5th, 2013 @ 9:19 pm

Nope, the recipe is correct. I used this pudding. It is thick and pudding like even before freezing!

36. Samantha — April 10, 2014 at 12:13 pm

Pretty cool! Making them!

37. Maxine — June 29, 2014 at 12:12 pm

Hi Rachel- just picked up the same Popsicle molds yesterday,
    Do you have a trick for getting the Popsicle out? Gonna try these tonite!

• Rachel Gurk — June 29th, 2014 @ 12:24 pm

Run them under hot water for a minute and they should come right out. :) Hope you like them!

38. ashley — July 10, 2014 at 9:10 pm

Do you know the nutrition facts per popsicle?

• Rachel Gurk — July 11th, 2014 @ 8:44 pm

I don’t calculate nutritional information because it varies based on what brand you use but there are lots of online services that do that. :)

39. Beth — July 14, 2014 at 12:48 pm

Loved the idea of these and was so excited to make them with my daughter. However after following your directions the mixture was so thick, almost paste LIKE, and the recipe needed to be modified just to render it pourable, otherwise it never would have made it into the molds. They are in the freezer now. Hoping the results come out as nice as yours.

• Rachel Gurk — July 14th, 2014 @ 3:07 pm

If you whisk the pudding for a long time, it will get thick like pudding. You should be able to still get it into the molds, even if you need to spoon it in. Hope they end up okay for you!

1. Pingback: Cake Batter Pudding Pops | windykitchen

2. Pingback: Craftaholics Anonymous® | 33 of the Best Popsicle Recipes for Summer

3. Pingback: Blood Orange and Chocolate Yogurt Ice Popsicles {giveaway!} - Rachel Cooks

4. Pingback: Cake Batter Popsicles | Kate's Recipe Box

5. Pingback: Confetti Poke Cake | Bake Your Day

6. Pingback: Funfetti Pudding Pops - Popsicle Recipes

7. Pingback: Recipes With Sprinkles - Love From The Oven

8. Pingback: Birthday Box Surprise Countdown

9. Pingback: 50 Creamy Dessert Popsicle Recipes :: My Crazy Good Life

10. Pingback: 50 Popsicle Recipes - Songbirds and Buttons

11. Pingback: Homemade Popsicle Recipes

12. Pingback: 31 Easy Popsicle Recipes with 2-3 Ingredients

13. Pingback: 50 Summer Recipes on How To Make Popsicles | Its Jello!

14. Pingback: 20 Amazing Frozen Summer Treats - Made From Pinterest