Creamy Mango Banana Smoothie

by Rachel Gurk on May 31, 2013 · 27 comments

in Beverages

Creamy Mango Smoothie | RachelCooks.com

Summer is about smoothies.

Okay–maybe it is about a few other things besides smoothies and maybe you can drink them in the winter too, but this creamy mango banana smoothie was made for summer.

Ben and I love to go to a great Lebanese place around us. So much so that they know us. They have a lot of fresh juices and smoothies but let’s be honest, I’m more concerned about the fattoush, shawarma and pita bread. If we have any room left in our bellies after stuffing our faces with those, we often will get mango smoothies for the road. Mine is slightly different but I love the fresh taste of mango. It’s refreshing and delightful. I had to pry it out of E’s hands. She was obbbbbbsesssssssed.  Girl had to have had brain freeze going on.

E-smoothie

This could honestly pass for a milkshake. Mango Milkshake. The milk and frozen banana give it that thick smooth feeling that you’d expect from a milkshake. You’ll never even notice that you’re using skim milk.

E-smoothie-2

A touch of honey is optional, since it is plenty sweet from the fruit. However, I do love the flavor that the honey adds. Just a little something special, you know?

mango-smoothie-E

She approves. So will you.

Creamy Mango Smoothie

Total Time: 5 minutes

Yield: 1 large or 2 small smoothies

This smoothie is creamy, delicious and sweet. Flavored with mango and banana, you're sure to love it at any age. Perfect summer treat.

Ingredients

• 1 mango, cut into chunks and frozen
  • 1/2 of a banana, cut into chunks and frozen
  • 1 and 1/2 to 2 cups of skim milk
  • 1 tablespoon honey

Instructions

1. Mix all ingredients together in a blender and blend until smooth. Serve immediately.

Notes

If you don’t have time to freeze the fruits or just don’t feel like it, you can use fresh fruit and add some ice cubes to achieve desired thickness.

creamy-mango-smoothie-2-600

Verdict: Perfect!
Husband’s take: Ahh–poor guy missed out on this one.
Changes I would make: None are necessary!
Difficulty: Blender, on. Easy.

Craving more delicious summer slushies? Check out these great recipes:

Strawberry Watermelon Slushie by Rachel Cooks
Blueberry Mango Smoothie by Two Peas & Their Pod
Pineapple Ginger Smoothie by Gimme Some Oven
Rhubarb Strawberry Smoothie from She Wears Many Hats

{ 26 comments… read them below or add one }

1 Ashley May 31, 2013 at 7:15 am

My toddler has a mango obsession. Seriously, I think he could survive on them alone and be totally happy. Going to make this for him this morning. :) And your little girl is too spankin cute!

2 Rachel Gurk May 31, 2013 at 8:53 am

Thanks! Hope he loves the smoothie :)

3 Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar May 31, 2013 at 7:32 am

I alternate between banana-mango and banana-strawberry every morning!! This looks awesome!

4 Rachel Gurk May 31, 2013 at 8:54 am

Yum! Both of those sound perfect!

5 Brenda @ a farmgirl's dabbles May 31, 2013 at 8:48 am

Look at those super cute pigtails!!!! Ahhhhh…give me one of these smoothies along with that fattoush, shawarma and pita bread you spoke of, and I’m a happy girl. Happy Friday, Rachel!

6 Rachel Gurk May 31, 2013 at 8:52 am

You’re always welcome in southeast MI, Brenda. All the fattoush, shawarma and pita you can eat. My treat. :)

7 Tieghan May 31, 2013 at 9:06 am

She is adorable! And I want this smoothie! YUM!

8 kelley {mountain mama cooks} May 31, 2013 at 9:37 am

We eat smoothies all year round but I think the summer is when we enjoy them most. I love mango and banana together. I like to add coconut milk and a splash of lime. My kids love them too! Have a great weekend.

9 Windy P May 31, 2013 at 10:14 am

Ok, that sounds delish. And your taste tester is killing me! She is way too cute. :)

10 Kathryn May 31, 2013 at 10:22 am

Those pictures! Just so precious!

11 Erin | The Law Student's Wife May 31, 2013 at 10:51 am

Oh my goodness, what a cutie pie!! Need a babysitter? You can pay me in smoothies ;-)

12 amanda @ fake ginger May 31, 2013 at 11:20 am

That face!! so cute! I always buy frozen mango for my smoothies but I need to take advantage of the fresh ones – especially while my store runs them 3/$1!

13 Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) May 31, 2013 at 11:25 am

Lovely recipe :) I love how it’s a smoothie with milk–it’s like milkshake and smoothie had a delicious baby. Your baby is adorable too!

14 claire @ the realistic nutritionist May 31, 2013 at 11:26 am

She is SO cute.

15 Georgia @ The Comfort of Cooking May 31, 2013 at 1:04 pm

Such a gorgeous, vibrant smoothie for making mornings a little sweeter! Also… E is the cutest little peanut ever!

16 Erin @ Dinners, Dishes and Desserts May 31, 2013 at 1:30 pm

Love E and her little smile in the last pictures – just says how yummy this is!

17 Cassie May 31, 2013 at 1:31 pm

I love smoothies…the mango is amazing here. And I love E!

18 angela @ another bite please May 31, 2013 at 2:52 pm

i can not get enough of smoothie recipes…so fun to try different stuff…haven’t had mango before…i am sure my boys would be sucking down like Miss E..too cute :-)

19 natalie@thesweetslife May 31, 2013 at 3:40 pm

i wish i looked that cute drinking smoothies :) This sounds fab!

20 Sarah K. @ The Pajama Chef May 31, 2013 at 4:32 pm

oh i totally make this smoothie allllll the time except with 1/2 yogurt & 1/2 milk. sam’s sells big bags of frozen mangos. they are dangerous in my house! :) E is adorable!

21 Alaina @ Fabtastic Eats May 31, 2013 at 11:13 pm

Shes so adorable! My son always steals my smoothies too! :P He would love this one Im sure! :) I know I would!

22 Nik@ABrownTable June 1, 2013 at 8:29 am

This looks super delicious and tasty!

23 Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama June 1, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I love Mango in my smoothies. This one looks super refreshing and the perfect breakfast for a hot summer day!

24 Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen June 1, 2013 at 2:19 pm

This just says summer and I love it. Those photos of E. are too cute.

25 ATasteOfMadness June 1, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Aww, she’s so cute! I definitely would approve of this smoothie too, it looks great!

26 Randal Romero June 14, 2013 at 12:57 pm

Welcome! Thanks for visiting...I would love to hear from you!

{ 1 trackback }