Meyer Lemon Parfaits
Cute parfaits filled with the fresh taste of Meyer lemons, these Meyer Lemon Parfaits will have your guests smiling…and puckering!
Hi folks. I’m pleased as punch to be guesting for Rachel today. I remember what it’s like to have 2 wee ones in the house. Life gets hectic with kids. As a stay at home mom for 24 years, yes you read that correctly, I can totally relate to trying to juggle kids and life. I think Rachel does an amazing job.
I knew what I wanted to make today right away. I had taken a trip to Toronto not too long ago and picked up 2 bags of beautiful meyer lemons. They were gorgeous and quite honestly the colour of them blew my mind. The ones we get locally are never as fabulous as the ones I picked up at the farmers market in Toronto. I brought them home, proceeded to get deathly ill with the flu, and almost lost my window for these little beauties. Luckily I recovered just in time to still make the most of my gorgeous lemons.
Knowing most moms like quick I was torn on making curd. In the end I decided it’s not that time consuming or difficult, and totally worth the little bit of effort it takes to squeeze the heck out of the lemons. So I turned the curd into a simple parfait in cute little cups. I mean everything is cuter in tiny little shot glasses right?
Meyer Lemon Parfaits
Yield: 12 shot glass servings
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cook Time: 5 minutes
Total Time: 25 minutes
Cute parfaits filled with the fresh taste of Meyer lemons.
- 6 giant ladyfinger cookies, cut into tiny pieces
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 tablespoon meyer lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons meyer lemon zest
- 5 egg yolks
- ¾ cup sugar
- ¾ cup meyer lemon juice
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- Optional- Meyer Lemon Zest
- Cut cookies into tiny pieces. Place evenly in the bottom of glasses. I used 12 shot glasses.
- Mix all in the ingredients in a small saucepan and cook over medium heat until sugar dissolves.
- Allow to cool.
- Spoon 1 to 2 tablespoons into each glass.
- Store any leftover syrup in the fridge.
- For the Curd:
- Add meyer lemon zest, meyer lemon juice, sugar and yolks to a medium saucepan. Whisk.
- Cook over a medium low heat, adding butter right away.
- Whisk until thick, which can take about 6 to 8 minutes.
- Allow to cool a bit before adding to shot glasses.
- Spoon or pipe into glasses evenly.
- Pop in the fridge for about an hour or two.
- In a stand mixer combine the heavy cream and confectioners’ sugar. Mix until fluffy.
- Transfer to a piping tip with a star tip. Pipe onto top of parfaits.
- Garnish with meyer lemon zest if desired.
- You can serve immediately or pop back in the fridge till you need them.
- Serve with a big old puckery smile!
I’d like to thank Rachel for having me today. It was a total pleasure. Also an even bigger thanks for allowing me some extra time to recuperate.
Hope everyone gets a chance to try these little Meyer Lemon Parfaits out. You could swap out with lemon mousse or lemon cheesecake. You could also swap out simple syrup and use a lemon alcohol. That would be smashing for a party. Also the base can be mixed up by using nilla wafers or any fun cookie you love. I quite frankly realized after that they might have been prettier if I had just used a graham crumb base. Live and learn.
Thanks so much Kim! Can’t wait to try these!