These whipped cream stuffed strawberries are stuffed with basil whipped cream – they’re an irresistible bite of summer.
I am crazy about these strawberries. It isn’t the first time that I have paired strawberries and basil, and it certainly won’t be the last time! I’m already brainstorming ways to hook these two up again. It is a match made in heaven!
These strawberries are fancy enough for a dinner party but easy enough to pop one in your mouth on a hot day when you’re craving something refreshing.
On the same/different note–I am so happy that strawberries are starting to be in season! What fruits are you most excited to get your hands on?
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, chilled
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped basil
- 20-25 medium to large strawberries (depending on size and how full you fill them)
- Put large mixing bowl and whisk/wire beaters of electric or stand mixer in fridge or freezer to chill.
- Wash and dry strawberries. Cut off the tops of the strawberries and carefully hollow out a little of the inside using a paring knife. Also cut a tiny bit of the bottom off to create a flat surface.
- Whip cream using electric mixer (and chilled bowl/whisk) until it starts to stiffen. Add sugar and continue to beat on high-speed until stiff peaks form. Fold in basil very gently just until combined.
- Best served immediately.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.