Seasoned Oyster Crackers Recipe (with video)
Seasoned oyster crackers are the perfect snack to set out at your next party. You won’t be able to stop snacking on them. So good with a cold beer!
Do you ever cook or bake something and then realize that you will probably be polishing off the entire batch in a very short period of time? Well, that’s the case with these seasoned oyster crackers. Coated in butter, garlic, oregano, parsley, and cheese, they are perfect snacking material. They’re irresistibly salty and flavorful. And the butter! Oh the butter. It’s so very important to this recipe, and so very delicious.
Oyster crackers are typically reserved for soups and chili but they contain some serious snacking potential as well. These would be the perfect party treat – set out in bowls around your house for guests to munch on while they sip a beer or a cocktail. I’d advise making far more than you think you’ll need, because they will disappear very, very quickly.
Circling back to the traditional use of oyster crackers, soup and chili… well, we don’t need to dismiss that quite yet. These fancified oyster crackers would take your soup up a notch, and a big one. Sprinkle these onto a steaming bowl of soup and you have oyster crackers in your soup, but with 100 times more flavor.
They’re super simple to make, just like all my recipes. (I still haven’t decided if I’m lazy or smart… or both.) All you do is mix together butter, olive oil, garlic, oregano, and pepper in a small saucepan.
It won’t take long for that to melt over medium-low heat. While it melts, keep yourself busy chopping fresh parsley. Sprinkle that beautiful green herb over your oyster crackers. Is your butter melted now? I bet it is.
Pour it over the crackers and parsley and stir until everything is niiiiicce and buttery. Spread them out on a rimmed pan (don’t want to lose any!), and give it a nice dusting of cheese. All that’s left to do is bake them until they are golden brown.
Try not to burn your fingers as you pluck these straight off the sheet pan.
Here’s the short version of how to make these seasoned oyster crackers:
- Melt butter, because butter is amazing.
- Mix butter with seasonings and a little olive oil for extra flavor.
- Toss oyster crackers with parsley and butter mixture.
- Spread onto sheet pan and sprinkle with CHEESE.
- Bake at low heat (250°F) until golden brown and irresistible (about 25 minutes).
More salty snacks!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/3 cup finely minced fresh parsley
- 4 heaping cups oyster crackers (9 ounce bag)
- 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese (or Parmesan)
- Preheat oven to 250℉.
- In a medium saucepan, over medium-low heat, combine butter, olive oil, garlic powder, oregano, and pepper. Heat until butter is melted.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine parsley and oyster crackers. Pour melted butter mixture over crackers and parsley. Toss to combine until crackers are fully coated with butter.
- Spread on a rimmed sheet pan, sprinkle with romano cheese and toss gently to combine. Spread them out so they are in a single layer.
- Bake for 15 minutes, stir gently (return back to a single layer) and bake for 10 more minutes or until golden brown.
- Let cool completely before storing in an airtight container (but they taste best fresh!).
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 193Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 7mgSodium: 350mgCarbohydrates: 22gFiber: 1gSugar: 0gProtein: 4g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.