Green Chile Chicken Quinoa Casserole
Easy to make in one pan, this green chile chicken quinoa casserole is a healthy, filling, and flavorful meal that everyone will love.
Disclosure: I’m excited to partner with Old El Paso this year to bring you fresh and flavorful recipes. Thank you for supporting Rachel Cooks by reading about brands we love and use in our own home.
All the flavor of enchiladas verde in a healthy, easy to make one pan meal? It sounds like a dream, but it’s true!
Simplifying life is something everyone needs. You have young kids? You know you need a simple meal. You have teenagers? I know you’re busy driving them places and dealing with attitudes. Career keeping you busy? You’ll need an easy meal that will keep you full for hours. No matter the reason, we all benefit from a healthy, easy to prepare meal. If that sounds like your life, you’ll also want to check out this one pan taco pasta that comes together in 30 minutes!
For this simple recipe, literally the only thing you have to do is mix everything together in your baking dish. Your oven does all the work, baking the quinoa and chicken at the same time.
The flavors of the Old El Paso enchilada sauce and green chiles along with warm cumin seep into the ingredients as they cook, making this incredibly flavorful, warming you from the inside out.
PS: Use a baking dish that’s big enough. Don’t be me. I wanted to use the blue dish. It’s so pretty! And too small. Luckily, I saw the error of my ways and the way things were headed and put it on top of a foil lined baking sheet to catch any overflow, which of course happened. You’ll want to use at least a 9×13 pan.
Love green chiles as much as I do?
- Easy Chicken Chili Recipe (FIVE ingredients!)
- Turkey Enchilada Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Green Enchilada Soup (also FIVE ingredients!)
- Chicken Salad Recipe with Green Chiles
- Green Chile Mac and Cheese
- Quinoa Salad Recipe with Green Chile Dressing from A Spicy Perspective
- Green Chile Chicken Cordon Bleu from Barefeet in the Kitchen
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 green pepper, diced (about 1 cup diced green peppers)
- 1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced (about 1 cup diced)
- 1 (4.5 oz) can Old El Paso chopped green chiles
- 1 can (15 oz) low-sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 (10-ounce) can Old El Paso green enchilada sauce
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro leaves and thin stems
- 1.5 -2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, chopped into small bite-sized pieces
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: cilantro, tomatoes, avocado, jalapeno
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray a 9×13 (or larger) baking dish with nonstick cooking spray (I used avocado oil spray).
- Combine all ingredients except cheese and toppings in prepared baking dish. Stir to combine.
- Cover tightly with foil and bake for 45 minutes. Uncover, stir, and recover tightly. Continue to bake for another 45 minutes to 1 hour or until quinoa is fluffy and chicken is cooked through.
- Uncover and sprinkle with cheese and bake for five minutes or until cheese is melted.
- Serve with desired toppings.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Leave a Review