All the flavors of chicken marsala in a rich, creamy pasta – all made in one pan! This chicken marsala pasta is perfect for busy weeknights!
As promised, I’m bringing you all the one pan meals I can. ‘Tis the season for easy meals, but if you ask me, that season lasts all year. I have a lot of chicken marsala-inspired recipes on my site. Chicken marsala is one of Ben’s favorite meals and it’s a fun flavor combination to play around with. I’ve done a pretty classic, straightforward Instant Pot Chicken Marsala, and another one pan chicken marsala creation, made with quinoa.
Then things get a little more interesting with chicken marsala dip (creamy deliciousness!), and marsala roasted mushrooms. Marsala isn’t just limited to chicken and mushrooms, it also goes great with beef; try it in this beef marsala stew made in the slow cooker.
This one pan creamy chicken marsala pasta is everything you want in chicken marsala, and more. Tender chicken, flavorful mushrooms, and a creamy, irresistible sauce coating whole wheat pasta.
And guys….it only gets one pan dirty. I mean, what did we do before the evolution of one pan pasta recipes?
Dishes, dishes are what we did. Lots of dishes.
More one pan pasta recipes
Do you love one pan pastas? Well, so do I! Here’s more recipes for you:
- Easy Chicken Alfredo with Broccoli
- One Pot Taco Pasta
- Homemade Hamburger Helper
- Pasta Amatriciana
- Creamy Chicken Spaghetti
- One Pan Rigatoni with Creamy Red Wine Tomato Sauce
- One Pan Lemon Pasta with Sausage, Asparagus, and Dill
- Instant Pot Pasta with Sausage, Spinach, and Tomatoes
- Instant Pot Spaghetti
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1-2 cloves garlic, minced (about 1-2 teaspoons) – see note
- 1/2 cup Marsala wine
- 1 package (13.25 oz) whole wheat penne pasta
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 cup heavy (whipping) cream, warmed
- 3/4 cup freshly grated Parmesan, more for serving if desired
- 1/4 cup minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- In a large, deep skillet (that has a cover available), heat butter and olive oil over medium-high heat. Add chicken and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown chicken until golden-brown on the outside and almost cooked through (about 6 minutes).
- Add mushrooms and continue to cook for about 4 minutes, or until they are browned.
- Add garlic and continue to cook, stirring for 1-2 minutes or until fragrant.
- Add wine and reduce for 4-5 minutes, or until liquid is reduced by about half.
- Add pasta, broth, milk, and thyme. Stir to combine. Cover, turn heat to high and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook covered for 10-12 minutes, stirring every couple of minutes (to cook pasta evenly), or until pasta is al dente.
- Uncover and reduce heat to low. Add warmed cream, Parmesan, and parsley. Cook until Parmesan is melted and sauce has thickened slightly, 5-10 minutes. It will thicken further as it cools. Check seasoning, adding more salt and pepper, to taste.
- If desired, serve garnished with additional cheese and parsley.
- If you like more garlic, feel free to add it! On the flip side, you can omit it or use 1/2 to 1 teaspoon of garlic powder for a milder garlic flavor.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.