Mango Avocado Salsa with Pineapple Recipe
Mango Avocado Salsa is the perfect topping to any taco or salad, and it’s irresistible piled up on a chip! You’ll love the creamy avocado, sweet mango, and tart pineapple in every bite!
Could any of you use a little escape to the tropics? Are you ready to trade in the hot cocoa for something fruity with an umbrella? The gloves and hat for a bikini and flip flops? I’ll personally pass on the bikini (I’m working on it!), but I’ll take those flip flops, a bottle of sunscreen, and a whole bunch of sunshine.
Unfortunately, I won’t be hopping a flight to somewhere warm anytime soon. I’ll be looking out the window at my snowy surroundings and dreaming of warmer months.
If you’re lucky enough to be taking an actual vacation, send me a photo so that I can live vicariously through you, k?
In the meantime, I’ll be tasting the tropics and closing my eyes and picturing the rest. This mango avocado salsa is the perfect recipe to brighten up these cold winter days. PS: Another great one to make you feel like you’re in a cantina is this restaurant style salsa!
Not only is it visually bright and cheerful, it also brings those bright flavors to your palate. The mango and pineapple are inherently tropical flavors and the avocado smooths out those tartness of the fruit and makes this salsa feel incredibly rich and decadent.
Also included in the salsa are jalapeno, onion, cilantro, and lime. These ingredients make this concoction undeniably salsa while also being reminiscent of chutney (all that great fruit!) and guacamole (those wonderful avocados!).
What you should try this Mango Avocado Salsa on:
- Shrimp Tacos
- Fish – it would be great spooned on salmon
- Grilled Chicken
Oh and hey, it’s Whole30 compliant! Well, if you skip the CHIPS.
More great southwestern chip toppings:
- Mexican Corn Dip
- White Queso in the Slow Cooker
- Healthy Queso Dip with Butternut Squash
- Mexican Spinach Dip Recipe
- Strawberry Mango Salsa from Two Peas and Their Pod
- Smoky Roasted Salsa from Foodie with Family
- Peach and Cucumber Salsa from Belly Full
- 1 mango, diced small (about 1 cup)
- 1 cup small-diced fresh pineapple
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (about 2 tablespoons) - see note
- 1/4 cup small diced red onion- see note
- 1/2 cup minced fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 1 juicy lime)
- 1-2 Avocados from Mexico, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large bowl, mix together mango, pineapple, jalapeno, onion, cilantro and lime juice. Stir until well combined.
- Add avocado and stir gently to combine, making sure to coat avocado with lime juice to prevent it from browning.
- Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Serve with chips, grilled fish or chicken, or spoon on top of a salad!
- You can store this in the fridge up to two days but it will start to brown slightly. It's best enjoyed immediately!
- If you want to do some of the prep ahead of time, mix everything together except the avocado. When you're ready to serve, you can add in the avocado.
- If you like things spicy, leave the ribs and seeds of the jalapeno in. If you like it more mild, only use the green flesh of the jalapeno.
- I like to tone down my diced onions slightly by soaking them in ice water for about thirty minutes before using them.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 34 Serving Size: about 1/2 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 107Saturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 53mgCarbohydrates: 16gFiber: 4gSugar: 10gProtein: 1g