Gingersnap Cookies with White Chocolate and Cranberries
These gingersnap cookies with white chocolate are irresistible! You’ll love the additions of creamy white chocolate and chewy dried cranberries.
Growing up, gingersnaps cookies were always my sister’s thing. I’d be working on chocolate peanut butter cups or another cookie we were making that particular year, and Colleen would be working on gingersnaps. Rolling them into balls, coating them in sugar and getting them ready for mom to stick in the oven.
About these Gingersnaps with White Chocolate
I decided to give them a little update this year by adding whole chocolate chips and dried cranberries. I love the way the smooth, creamy, sweet white chocolate mellows out the strong flavors of the ginger and molasses. The cranberries are the perfect chewy touch and I just can’t resist adding them to almost everything.
Or maybe that’s because I bought a giant bag of them at Costco. One can’t be sure of the real reason.
Whatever the reason, cranberries are the perfect addition to these spicy, iconic Christmas cookies. These gingersnaps with white chocolate and cranberries provide all the flavors of the original – to satisfy the purists.
But then they have the twist to satisfy the creatives that are always seeking something new. Whatever category you fall into, you’re sure to love these chewy (or crispy, depending on baking time!) cookies.
Looking for more Christmas cookie ideas?
Clearly I have you covered! Try these:
- Gingerbread Shortbread Cookies with Cranberries
- Peppermint Chocolate Sugar Cookies
- Dark Chocolate and Pecan Cookies (with a secret ingredient!)
- Peppermint Lofthouse Sugar Cookies
- Easy Cookies and Cream Fudge
- Peppermint Shortbread Cookies
- Gingerbread M&M Cookie Bars with M&M Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Cherry Thumbprint Cookies
- Easy Red Velvet Cookies
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shortening
- 1 cup white granulated sugar + extra for rolling
- 1 large egg
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 2/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Mix dry ingredients.
- In a separate bowl, cream shortening and sugar together. Beat in eggs and molasses.
- Sift in dry ingredients. Add in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips and stir until combined.
- Form into small balls.
- Roll balls in sugar and place ~2 inches apart on cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12-13 minutes.
- If you like crisper cookies, bake for one or two minutes longer and/or roll them smaller. I like them a little chewy, while my mom prefers them crispy.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1 cookie
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 181 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 94mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 17g Protein: 2g
Husband’s take: He actually liked these more than I thought he would but the real fan was my mom – just as I expected.
Changes I would make: None are necessary.