Beer Cheese Dip with Broccoli and Bacon
This broccoli and bacon beer cheese dip will be the absolute star of any party. No questions asked.
Broccoli. Bacon. Beer. Cheese. Dip.
I mean, should I really write 300+ words about this or should I just leave it at:
Remember when I made that Irish coffee ice cream pie? (Perhaps you remember the whiskey ganache?) And said that overall, as a family, we eat a fairly healthy diet? But when we’re going to indulge, I make sure that what we are enjoying is worth every single calorie. Something like that ice cream pie.
Or this bacon beer cheese dip.
But of course, this is an indulgent dip. That’s why it is great for parties and celebrations. Not so great if you’re the only one eating it. Great for parties, such as a (virtual) surprise bridal shower for my friend Stephie of Stephie Cooks! She’s getting married next month and is having a rustic elegance themed wedding. I can’t wait to see all the details, I just know it is going to be beautiful.
I think this bacon beer cheese dip is perfect for a rustic-themed bridal shower. Bacon, beer, some crusty bread. It’s actually probably perfect for any party. My neighbor and I just enjoyed it for lunch.
Congrats Stephie! I hope you enjoy married life. With lots of beer, bacon, and cheese dip. Oh yeah and broccoli too, I guess.
For the dip:
- 4 slices center-cut bacon (about 4 ounces), cut into small pieces
- 1/2 cup small-diced red onion
- 1 small crown of fresh broccoli (not a whole head – should be about 3 cups of diced broccoli)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle of beer (I used Shiner Bock)
- 8 ounces of cream cheese, cut into chunks
- 8 ounces sharp white cheddar, grated
- pepper to taste
For the crostini:
- 2 small French baguettes, each cut into 1/4-inch slices on the diagonal (40-50 slices total), for serving
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a medium-large, deep skillet, cook bacon over medium heat until crispy. Remove bacon to a paper towel-lined plate and remove all but 1-2 tablespoons of the grease from the pan.
- Reduce heat slightly (just shy of medium) and add onions to the bacon grease. Cook for one minute and then add broccoli. Continue to cook until broccoli is beginning to be tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic and cook and stir for one minute until fragrant. Add flour and stir to combine, continuing to stir and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add in beer while stirring and scraping the bottom of the pan. Increase heat to high and bring beer to a boil. Cook at a boil for 2-3 minutes or until beer is reduced by about half.
- Reduce heat to low and stir in cheeses. Stir until melted. Add cooked bacon.
- Taste and add pepper as desired.
- Best served warm with soft bread, crostini (see below) or pretzels.
- Preheat broiler.
- Arrange slices of bread in a single layer on a sheet pan. Sprinkle or brush bread with olive oil. Broil on one side for 2-5 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1/4 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 271 Total Fat: 13g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 6g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 442mg Carbohydrates: 26g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 3g Protein: 10g
Verdict: I ate way too much of this. The bacon with the beer and the cheese and the broccoli. It’s all so good.
Changes I would make: None!!!
Difficulty: Easy to moderate.
Make sure to check out the other recipes that were prepared for Stephie’s shower! They all look so amazing, I definitely wish it was a real-life shower!
The Cooking Actress – Chocolate Shoofly Pie with Pecan Whole Wheat Crust
Girl Versus Dough – Mini Meyer Lemon Coconut Scones
Sarcastic Cooking – Mini Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Pot Pies
The Roasted Root – Sweet Potato Rounds with Guacamole and Bacon
A Cedar Spoon – Strawberry Mint Mascarpone Crostini with Lemon Honey Drizzle
Very Culinary – White Chocolate Raspberry Parfaits
Rachel Cooks – Broccoli and Bacon Beer Cheese Dip
Bluebonnet Baker – Maple Bourbon Balls
Nutmeg Nanny – Broccoli Bacon Salad
Laura’s Mess – Spiced Apple and Buttermilk Cake
Seaweed and Sassafras – Herb and Cheese Scones
Stetted – Meyer Lemon Meringue Pie
All Day I Dream About Food – Chocolate Fudge Crumb Bars
Dessert for Two – Mini Lemon Cakes
And…if you’re looking for more great savory DIP recipes, make sure to check out: Hummus Spinach Artichoke Dip, Cheddar Leek Dip, Ginger Wasabi Edamame Hummus, Skinny Spinach Dip and Roasted Garlic White Bean Dip.