Perfect M&M Cookies – Tried & True!
These M&M cookies are perfect! Chewy centers, crispy edges, simple to make and even easier to eat. You’ll love this easy and delicious cookie recipe.
The perfect cookie is a hard thing to find and definitely something to hang on to once you do find it. These M&M Cookies fit the bill. Soft, chewy, but still with crispy edges. Sweet (of course) and crunch little bits of chocolate M&M’s — the mini kind as to not overwhelm you.
I reallllly wish I had one right now. As I write this, E is at the park with my husband, aka the perfect time to eat cookies without hearing non-stop whining. From E, not my husband.
I’m a closet snack/sweet eater and proud of it!
Okay…not so proud. Minor details.
These cookies bake up quickly and deliciously. I am soooo craving a cookie. I have dough in the freezer just calling my name.
I’d highly recommend a very large glass of ice cold milk with these. Or a steaming mug of hot coffee. Or both, because you’ll be making these often!
PS: Have you guys read the comments on these cookies?
- “I made these tonight–they are delicious! Nice and soft and yummy. Thanks for sharing!!”
- “I have made these cookies twice now (great for kids with tree nut allergies), and they are amazing. Don’t mess with the recipe – it is perfectly perfect.”
- “Wow..I’ve tried them..and they are perfect! I love them. I’m going to try using this recipe for other varieties of cookies . Thanks for this amazing recipe”
Nothing makes me happier than hearing your feedback on my recipes – and I’m so glad these cookies are a hit with so many of you!
Perfect M&M Cookies
These M&M cookies are perfect! Chewy centers, crispy edges, simple to make and even easier to eat.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla paste or 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- one 12-ounce package of mini M&Ms
- In a bowl, mix together flour, cornstarch, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer (or using a hand mixer), cream together butter and both sugars on medium speed until light and fluffy (2-3 minutes). With the mixer on low, add in egg and vanilla. Return mixer to medium and mix until incorporated. Scrape sides if needed.
- With the mixer back on low, add dry ingredient mixture gradually until dough forms. Stir in M&Ms by hand. Refrigerate dough for at least 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper or Silpat and set aside.
- Form balls from approximately 1 tablespoon of dough. Bake for 9-11 minutes or until edges are just barely golden. Remove from oven and let cool for a couple of minutes on baking sheet before removing and placing on wire rack to finish cool. Store in airtight container.
Verdict: Love these! Colorful, chewy, perfect. Just look at that crackled top!!!
Husband’s take: They are pretty closely related to his favorite chocolate chip cookies, so he’s obviously all for them.
Changes I would make: None.
Difficulty: Easy. Hardest part is to not eat them all in one sitting.
More great recipes using M&M’s:
5 Ingredient Peanut Butter M&M Bars
White Chocolate Peppermint M&M Cookies
Popcorn Snack Mix with M&M’s
Peanut Butter M&M Brownies from Buns in my Oven
M&M Chocolate Cookie Cake Bars from The Little Kitchen