Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Imagine irresistible pepperoni pizza in dip form. I can’t think of many things better than that. This pepperoni pizza dip will be a hit at all your parties.
It’s probably no secret that I love pizza – I mean, who doesn’t? I love turning the classic, loved by everyone, pepperoni pizza into other things, evidenced by guilty pleasures like Parmesan-crusted pepperoni pizza grilled cheese, pepperoni pizza lasagna rolls and pizza mac and cheese muffins, and also healthier versions of pizza like bite-sized zucchini pizzas, 6 layer hummus pizza dip, pizza quinoa stuffed peppers, and pizza zucchini noodles.
If you’re really brave, you can check out one of my oldest posts – a pizza panini. Don’t judge…we all have to start somewhere, right? I don’t like to use emojis in my blog posts but this is where a little monkey covering his eyes would go. Embarrassing…but the love of pizza clearly goes way back to 2011.
This dip starts with a trifecta of cheeses – mozzarella (to give that stringy melty goodness), cream cheese (to keep it all together), and salty parmesan for the boost of flavor that benefits us all. I like to use mini pepperoni but if you can’t find them or don’t want to stray from your favorite pepperoni brand, just cut up your pepperoni into smaller pieces to make for easier dipping.
It goes without saying that this dip would be perfect for any game day party – if you’re having a lot of people over, you might want to double the batch, this is going to be a popular one!
Ugh. I want that right now and it’s 9AM.
Used in this recipe:
Pepperoni Pizza Dip
Yield: 15 servings
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
Imagine irresistible pepperoni pizza in dip form. I can't think of many things better than that. This pepperoni pizza dip will be a hit at all your parties.
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups shredded low-moisture part skim mozzarella
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan
- 3 heaping tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus more for garnishing
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh cracked pepper, more to taste
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup mini pepperoni
- bread or crackers for dipping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Spray a pie plate with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl, combine cream cheese, mozzarella, Parmesan, chopped basil and oregano, garlic powder and pepper. Spread into bottom of prepared pie dish.
- Top with pizza sauce and then pepperoni.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until heated through and bubbling.
- Let stand for 10 minutes and then serve immediately.
serving size: 2 tablespoons
Verdict: Umm, so good. I had to send most of it to my neighbor’s house so I didn’t eat it all when I was testing this recipe.
Husband’s take: What dude wouldn’t love this pepperoni pizza dip?
Changes I would make: None are necessary but try adding some of your favorite pizza toppings to the dip to make it your own.
Difficulty: Very easy.
Clearly I have more dip recipes for you — always! Try:
- Healthy Southwestern Creamy Black Bean Dip
- Stovetop Spinach Dip with Sundried Tomatoes
- Two Ingredient Cranberry Salsa
- Herbed Feta Dip
- Roasted Cauliflower and Cheddar Dip
- Broccoli and Bacon Beer Cheese Dip
- Hot Caprese Dip Recipe
- Hummus Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Restaurant Style Salsa
- Pepperoni Alfredo Dip from Inside BruCrew Life
- Hawaiian Pizza Dip from Bake Your Day
If you’re still looking for more ideas, swing by Pinterest and check out my DIPS board!