Queso Blanco in the Slow Cooker | Easy Recipe
Queso Blanco in the slow cooker is a breeze to make – easy crockpot queso! Velveeta-free, and you will not be able to stop dipping chips in it!
Disclosure: This post is in partnership with Old El Paso and Target. Thank you for supporting Rachel Cooks by reading about brands we love and use in our own home.
Queso dip is hands-down one of my biggest weaknesses. I mean, who can resist melty cheese on a salty chip? This white queso is irresistible, just like my Mexican Spinach Dip or the beautifully colored healthy queso dip with butternut squash. The subtly sweet flavor of that one is to die for…have you guys tried it yet?
This queso blanco is perfect for upcoming Cinco de Mayo festivities. You can make it ahead and it’s ready when you are. Pop all the ingredients in your slow cooker, and three to four hours later, you’re ready to start dipping. You’ll probably want to sample a few bites now and then before it’s completely done. Quality control, right?
I purposely stay away from Velvetta cheese in this recipe and achieve a nice smooth texture with low, slow heat and a mixture of cheeses with cream cheese and milk to keep this queso nice and dippable.
Old El Paso Mild Green Chiles give this dip great flavor without overwhelming you with spiciness. I add a little extra heat with Pepper Jack cheese but since I don’t like things super hot, I keep it pretty tame by using half plain Monterey Jack cheese. If you like queso on the spicier side, go for all Pepper Jack instead of 50/50 mix. The rich flavors of the cheese are brightened up with green onions and cilantro.
PS: If you really want to get serious with your dipping, which I fully support, try cutting Old El Paso Mini Taco Boats in half, spritzing the halves with olive oil, and crisping them up in a 350°F oven for about 7-10 minutes or until golden brown. They’ll make perfect little scoops for as much queso as your heart desires!
More cheesy dips!
A couple of my favorite dips are mentioned above, and if you’re looking for more, try one of these:
- Poblano Queso Dip
- Slow Cooker Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Baked Goat Cheese Dip with Lemon and Thyme
- Cheesy Baked Corn with Bacon and Jalapeño
- Herbed Feta Dip (one of my faves!)
- Hot Caprese Dip Recipe
- Garlic Bread Cheese Dip from Lemons for Lulu
- Bacon Cheddar Dip from Spends with Pennies
How about some great tacos to eat with this queso blanco! Try cauliflower tacos or shrimp tacos!
Queso blanco is perfect for nachos, too. Try cauliflower nachos or vegetarian nachos.
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 8 ounces pepper Jack cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 ounces Monterey Jack cheese, cut into cubes
- 8 oz reduced-fat cream cheese (not fat free)
- 1 can (4.5oz) Old El Paso Chopped Green Chiles
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Optional: Cilantro for garnish
- In a small to medium size slow cooker, combine all ingredients. Cover and cook on low for four hours or until everything is melted, stirring to combine.
- Turn to warm until ready to serve (and even while serving if desired).
- Garnish with fresh cilantro if desired and serve with chips or toasted mini taco boat halves.
- If your slow cooker runs hot, you may want to turn it down to warm after two hours.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Leave a Review