One pan quinoa with ground turkey, kale, mushroom and tomatoes is an easy, healthy dinner you can have on the table in 30 minutes.
Why you’ll love it: This recipe makes a simple dinner that is satisfying and healthy.
How long it takes: 30 minutes
Equipment you’ll need: large skillet
About this One Pan Quinoa with Ground Turkey
This meal falls into the category of “I didn’t know what I was making for dinner until 10 minutes after I started cooking it.”
This one pan quinoa dinner isn’t glamorous but it’s tasty and satisfying. It’s made with healthy ingredients like quinoa, ground turkey, and lots of vegetables, including greens. It’s perfect on evenings where you’ve just HAD ENOUGH of the day and want to make something quick, easy and nutritious for dinner.
As you know, I frequently make and freeze quinoa which makes this meal even easier. If your quinoa is already prepped, this is a one pan meal which means easy clean-up.
I like the Italian flavors in this recipe: mushrooms, tomatoes, and a good dose of fresh herbs. Basil, parsley, and oregano seem to be the easiest to grow, at least for me. Maybe your thumb is greener than mine.
Between the beautiful fresh herbs, a little slosh of wine, and some grated Parmesan on top, this sauté has really great flavor. It might remind you of spaghetti (or it might not), but it’s super fresh, flavorful and healthy. And easy to make. WIN.
One more bonus of this one pan quinoa with ground turkey is that it packs a punch nutritionally with 40 grams of protein per serving and less than 450 calories. It’s a dinner win, if you ask me!
Interested in a weekly meal plan (it’s free!) that includes this quinoa recipe? Take a look at my Meal Plan #22. You’ll find a wholesome recipe for each weekday plus a categorized grocery list. Let me do the planning for you this week!
We’ll be adding a new meal plan weekly. If you’re interested, browse all of our meal plans.
More quinoa recipes
Are you a quinoa fanatic like I am? Try these quinoa recipes, or:
- Quinoa Wheat Berry Salad
- Vegan Quinoa Salad with Brussels Sprouts & Pepitas
- Apple Spice Quinoa Pancakes
- Quinoa Power Pancakes
- Lentil and Quinoa Vegan Bolognese
- Quinoa Chickpea Salad with Blackberries & Candied Pepitas
- Savory Quinoa Muffins
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 16 ounces ground turkey (use ground turkey breast, if desired)
- 1 small yellow onion, sliced into thin half moons
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 4 cups tightly packed baby kale (5 oz. package)
- 2 cups chopped tomatoes
- ¾ cup dry white wine
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- ¼ cup fresh herbs, minced (I recommend a mixture of basil, oregano and parsley)
- Parmesan cheese to garnish
- In a large high-sided skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add turkey and onions and season with salt and pepper. Break up the turkey and cook until turkey is cooked through and brown.
- Transfer turkey and onions to a bowl and add the mushrooms to the pan. Sauté mushrooms until golden brown and cooked.
- Add tomatoes and kale and cook until kale is wilted.
- Increase heat to medium high and add turkey and onion mixture back in. Add wine. Bring mixture to a boil and cook until wine is reduced by about half.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and stir in quinoa and herbs. Continue to cook until warmed through.
- Serve immediately, garnished with freshly grated Parmesan cheese.
- Make Ahead Tip: Cook the quinoa ahead of time and refrigerate or freeze it. I usually cook the entire package at once and freeze it . It thaws out quickly. Try Instant Pot Quinoa.
- Spinach can be substituted for the kale.
- Any type of tomato can be used. Choose whatever looks best. If you use grape or cherry tomatoes, cut them in half before adding them to the skillet.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.