Tortellini with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce and Spinach
Tortellini with creamy sun-dried tomato sauce and spinach is a weeknight meal or a meal to impress guests! You’ll love the flavor the sun-dried tomatoes add to the sauce!
So, back to school has been fun. First my little man had a cold for a week. Then N, E, and I all got the stomach flu. I think it’s making me go a little crazy. Between the lack of sleep and all the grossness, I’m really ready for a little normality. Whatever that is.
In the meantime, easy meals are a must. If we’re eating.
About this Tortellini with Creamy Sun-Dried Tomato Sauce
This little pasta number is ready in 25 minutes and is a quick and easy vegetarian meal. Ben likes to grill some chicken to go with this but it’s totally not necessary – it’s a totally satisfying meal without any meat.
It’s super simple to make – while the tortellini boils, you make the sauce. All you need to do is sauté the onions, add the sun-dried tomatoes and spinach, and cook until the spinach is wilted. It only takes a couple minutes. Then you add the rest of the sauce ingredients and just let it cook while your tortellini finishes. Mix it all together and serve with a side salad or grilled chicken. Or both. Or steak! Steak would be yummy, too.
Searching for more creamy, cheesy pasta recipes?
Always so delicious and satisfying, I love making pasta dishes like tortellini with creamy sun dried tomatoes. Here’s a few more of my favorites:
- 2 cups dried cheese tortellini
- 1 jar (7 ounces) sun dried tomatoes in extra virgin olive oil, cut into thin strips
- 1 teaspoon oil reserved from sun dried tomatoes
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 5 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook tortellini according to package directions. (Don’t drain without reserving some of the cooking water!)
- In a large, deep skillet, heat 1 teaspoon olive oil from jar of sundried tomatoes (I have a nonstick skillet – if you feel like you need to add more oil, feel free). Heat over medium heat. When hot, add onions and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Sauté onions until translucent. Add garlic and cook for another minute or until fragrant.
- Add sun dried tomatoes and spinach. Cook until spinach is wilted.
- Add cream and heat until slightly thickened. Stir in Parmesan cheese and cooked tortellini. If desired, add pasta water to achieve desired consistency.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 490 Total Fat: 34g Saturated Fat: 18g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 13g Cholesterol: 101mg Sodium: 621mg Carbohydrates: 35g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 5g Protein: 14g
Husband’s take: One of his favorite dishes is fettuccine Alfredo, and while this recipe is quite different, the creamy sauce is reminiscent of Alfredo. He loves it!
Changes I would make: None!
**Disclosure: I am thrilled to be a dairy ambassador for Milk Means More. I have been compensated by Milk Means More for my time to develop this recipe and write this post. All opinions are as always, my own. Find out more about why Milk Means More on Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Instagram and Pinterest.