Rachel Cooks features a wide variety of recipes with one common thread: easy preparations. On my website, I create accessible and delicious food that will please the whole family. Rachel Cooks has been featured on sites including The Huffington Post, Parents.com, Saveur and The Cooking Channel.
Want to know more about me? Here are some random facts in no particular order:
1. I love chopping celery. The sound it makes….I just like it.
2. I could eat popcorn every day. You might think this is an exaggeration, but it isn’t.
3. I like my popcorn air-popped, with butter and salt. Lots of it. This caramel corn isn’t bad either, though.
4. My mother-in-law finds washing dishes therapeutic. A pile of dishes makes me feel like I need therapy.
5. I’m tall. 5’10”. But I still wear heels.
6. I drink too much coffee. And I’ll take it black, please.
7. I’ve only broken two bones in my life, my pinky (ran into a wall) and my toe (fell down after standing up while my legs were asleep).
8. I’m married to a very handsome USMC veteran I’m madly in love with him.
10. E is the smartest girl in the whole world. I’m sure you think your kid is….but you’re wrong. And N is the cutest boy.
11. I’m a Doctor of Physical Therapy. Right now, I’m 95% stay-at-home mom, but I still manage to work some weekends here and there.
12. I’m a Christian and I’m not afraid to say it. I also won’t bombard you with it. Email me if you want to chat!
13. I’m not the most graceful person in the world (see #7).
14. I love the comments that you all leave on my blog. It really is one of the main reasons I do this. I love hearing from you!
15. I have my concealed pistol license (CPL). Didn’t see that one coming, did ya?
16. I love cookbooks, and I have a ton of them, but I don’t spend enough time looking at them.
18. My favorite herb is basil.
19. My husband proposed to me in London.
20. And we honeymooned in Jamaica. Not too shabby, right?
21. I used to hate cilantro, but now I love it. It still isn’t my number #1 though (see #17).
22. I have a love-hate relationship with working out.
23. I can’t hold a grudge. Okay, that’s not true, but you’d have to really, really hurt me for that to happen.
24. I like all kinds of music but country is my favorite.
25. My nephew was born almost exactly 24 hours before my daughter. Neither my sister nor I knew the other one was trying to get pregnant.
26. My favorite cereal is Cinnamon Toast Crunch but I never buy it.
27. I didn’t start liking beer until I was in grad school but now it is (usually) my preferred alcoholic beverage.
28. I had a horrible pregnancy. Well, I threw up every day (too much info for a food blog?). I realize it could have been much worse. *shudder*
31. I founded Taste of Michigan.
What would you like to know about me?
Don’t forget you can also find me on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram and Pinterest. If you’re a brand or an advertiser looking to work with me, please refer to this page. If you’re a blogger trying to grow or start a food blog, or if you want to start working with brands more, make sure to check out my consulting services!
Also, sign up for my emails so you won’t miss a single recipe or giveaway. I try to offer frequent giveaways to you guys ’cause I love you–this way you won’t miss a single one!