Strawberry Watermelon Slushie Spritzer

Okay, I had no idea what to call this.

It’s slushy, it’s spritzy, it’s refreshing and it is summer in a glass.

There is lime in it too but I thought adding that to the title might take it over the top?

I like it ’cause it is non-alcoholic. I went to a graduation open house with my husband and daughter Saturday and it was a hot, beautiful day. I watched as he drank an ice-cold beer and I drank a bottle of water. Ho-hum! Parties should be required to serve fun drink for pregnant ladies (and non-drinkers). It was a fun party regardless, though.

Strawberry Watermelon Slushy Spritzer
(for one)

1 heaping cup of chopped, seedless watermelon
1 heaping cup of frozen strawberries
1-2 teaspoons fresh lime juice (a good squeeze)
1/4 cup of sparkling water
ice cubes (optional)

1. Blend watermelon, strawberries, and lime juice in a blender until smooth.
2. Pour into a glass with ice (optional) and top with 1/4 cup sparkling water. Drink immediately, as it will separate as time goes by.

Note: All measurements are approximate. Don’t stress about it, it’s going to turn out great even if the measurements aren’t exact.

Verdict: Cold, refreshing, sweet, tangy, spritzy–perfection. Just what I needed on the hot day that I made it.
Husband’s take: I made this while he was at work one day but I’m sure he would have loved it.
Changes I would make: None!
Difficulty: Easy.

47 Responses to “Strawberry Watermelon Slushie Spritzer”

1. Katrina @ Warm Vanilla Sugar — June 11, 2012 at 7:15 am

This looks super fun! I love these flavours together :)

2. Blog is the New Black — June 11, 2012 at 7:48 am

oooooh, so want this!

3. melissa@IWasBornToCook — June 11, 2012 at 8:05 am

Love how refreshing this looks!

4. Katrina @ In Katrina's Kitchen — June 11, 2012 at 8:53 am

Perfect! Fun fruity drinks around here always have to be non-acoholic…little curious boys are pretty good at stealthy drink sipping.

5. Lesa @Edesia's Notebook — June 11, 2012 at 9:01 am

What a beautiful drink. I’ll have to make this for my sister who is preggo too and totally feels your pain on being left out of the “fun beverage” department.

6. Barbara | Creative Culinary — June 11, 2012 at 9:49 am

What I love about serving a drink like this is that it’s perfect as is but a splash of vodka would also make it a cocktail. Makes everyone happy!

7. Heather — June 11, 2012 at 10:06 am

i’m going to be dreaming of this all day now – it sounds amazing!

8. Erin @ Dinners, Dishes, and Desserts — June 11, 2012 at 10:40 am

I made something similar, and it was amazing. Mine didn’t have strawberries though, love that idea!

9. Maureen @ Orgasmic Chef — June 11, 2012 at 11:00 am

This sounds like an absolutely perfect drink for a woman on a hot day, pregnant or otherwise. :) It’s lovely to look at!

10. Stephanie — June 11, 2012 at 11:04 am

Anything with watermelon is good in my book. I’ll try this out, thanks!

11. Mackenzie @SusieFreakingHomemaker — June 11, 2012 at 11:13 am

… and this will be served at the baby shower I’m planning. Thanks!! :-)

12. Sommer@ASpicyPerspective — June 11, 2012 at 11:25 am

Rachel, this look HEAVENLY. I think I’m going to surprise my kids with it later today!

13. Deborah — June 11, 2012 at 11:31 am

This is my kind of drink – love it!!

14. Ali @ Gimme Some Oven — June 11, 2012 at 11:43 am

Ooooh – this looks so fresh and delicious! And love that it’s sparkling – fun!!

15. Jennifer | Mother Thyme — June 11, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Yum! This looks so refreshing!

16. Averie @ Averie Cooks — June 11, 2012 at 12:10 pm

LOVE IT!! The photos, the recipe, those straws (where did you find them?)

And “it’s going to turn out great even if the measurements aren’t exact.” <– so true :)

• Rachel — June 11th, 2012 @ 2:36 pm

I’ve gotten the straws in two different places, Amazon and Sweet Estelle’s baking supply on Etsy. Prepare yourself to spend lots of money before clicking that link!!

• Averie @ Averie Cooks — June 11th, 2012 @ 3:33 pm

Girl I’ve seen them on there. I know, a clickfest$$ :)

I was hoping it wasn’t mail order b/c I want some…now!

17. Kathryn — June 11, 2012 at 2:02 pm

I don’t know what you cool it but I want one! And I want the weather to enjoy one…

18. Autumn@Good Eats Girl — June 11, 2012 at 2:15 pm

This looks like a PERFECT summer drink! It’s so pretty!

19. Cassie — June 11, 2012 at 2:33 pm

I don’t care what you call it, if it has slushie in the name, I am IN!

20. claire @ the realistic nutritionist — June 11, 2012 at 3:21 pm

This is sooo pretty! I love it!

21. Laurie {Simply Scratch} — June 11, 2012 at 4:01 pm

This is next on my bevvy list to try! Beautiful shots too!

22. Ashley Bee (Quarter Life Crisis Cuisine) — June 11, 2012 at 4:04 pm

Watermelon is SO summer, and I am so happy it’s all over the blogs right now. This seems like a lovely, refreshing drink!

23. Carrie @ Bakeaholic Mama — June 11, 2012 at 5:09 pm

YUM! Where was this yummy idea last summer when I was pregnant watching everyone sip sangria and margs (my weakness) at our parties…

24. Miss @ Miss in the Kitchen — June 11, 2012 at 6:08 pm

Love it, so refreshing! I always have some non-alcoholic good stuff at parties. I’m not much on alcohol plus the kids need special drinks too. This one looks perfect.

25. Jocelyn @ Peace Love Nutrition — June 11, 2012 at 8:48 pm

I live for slushes! I was addicted to 7-11 ones for a while there

26. Rachel @ Baked by Rachel — June 11, 2012 at 8:52 pm

This sounds great Rachel. It’s such a shame there weren’t other drink options. I hate how it’s one extreme or the other at parties.

27. Baking Serendipity — June 11, 2012 at 9:06 pm

Summer in a glass sounds absolutely perfect to me :) I love the slushy texture and all the fruit!

28. Megan {CountryCleaver} — June 11, 2012 at 9:36 pm

This is fantastic. I am all for a boozy frozen slushy drink – but some days I just want the spritzy fruity slushy in a tall glass. Fabulouso m’dear!

29. Julie @ Table for Two — June 11, 2012 at 9:41 pm

This is so pretty and summery! I love the colors and flavors. Beautiful presentation.

30. Cat Davis - Food Family Finds — June 11, 2012 at 11:03 pm

My watermelon loving daughters would adore this drink! I think I’ll make it for the birthday party in July.

31. Tracey — June 12, 2012 at 8:59 am

This looks so refreshing! I love the pretty pink color too, it’s perfect for summer :)

32. Chung-Ah | Damn Delicious — June 13, 2012 at 1:05 am

I’m not much of an alcoholic drinker so this drink is just perfect for me!

33. Kelly Senyei — June 13, 2012 at 9:04 am

Love this! It looks beyond refreshing, and the colored straws are adorable – a food styling “must”!

34. Ashley — June 13, 2012 at 9:24 am

This is so pretty, and I feel refreshed just staring at it!! Perfect non- bOozed up beverage for all my friends expecting lil babies soon but still deserve a fun sipper.

35. Jen @ My Kitchen Addiction — June 13, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Ooh… I love this! I’ve done my share of drinking water at get togethers while my hubby and friends are drinking beer, wine, and cocktails. I will have to make myself a fun drink now :)

36. Debra Kapellakis — June 14, 2012 at 9:40 am

Yep, Summer in a glass! YUM! BRAVO!

37. Christa Kelso — June 15, 2012 at 10:05 am

Whenever I’m reaching for watermelon or strawberry chewy candies (my favorite things ever) I’m gonna make one of these instead. Much healthier & still has the same awesome flavors! YUMM!!!

• Rachel — June 15th, 2012 @ 2:21 pm

Good plan! But I love candy too…. ;)

38. Kristen — June 20, 2012 at 11:34 am

I know one thing – I’d call it plain good! Yum!

39. kat — June 24, 2012 at 2:57 am

This is such a lovely idea! There is always lots of watermelons and strawberries at my house during summer, so I will definitely be trying this out! Thanks for the wonderful recipe :)

1. Pingback: Creamy Mango Banana Smoothie - Rachel Cooks

2. Pingback: Strawberry Watermelon Slushie Spritzer by Rachel Cooks | The Daily Quirk

3. Pingback: WATERMELON FLAVORED TREATS | Best Friends For Frosting