These spring herb cream cheese appetizer cups scream spring and are easy to make – they come together in minutes and are a stunning addition to any appetizer spread.
It seems like spring is the season for baby showers and wedding showers, doesn’t it? I’m always looking for quick and easy appetizer ideas that will please a wide range of people and keep my time in the kitchen super short.
These spring herb cream cheese appetizer cups are the perfect thing. I adore using phyllo cups for quick and easy appetizers like these easy spinach artichoke phyllo bites.
Why you’ll love this spring appetizer
- Last-minute appetizer: I love keeping a package of phyllo cups in my freezer for those times when I need something in a pinch.
- Topping flexibility: I top these little wonders with some of my favorite go-to vegetables and fresh dill and they are ready to go! I use radish, cucumber, and tomato slices but you could also top them with chopped bell pepper, sugar peas, broccoli, blanched asparagus slices, and so on. Whatever you like!
These cream cheese appetizer cups use spreadable chive and onion cream cheese. This is a beautiful thing for two reasons.
- No need to soften a brick of cream cheese. When you are looking for a quick appetizer idea, you don’t want to have to remember to soften cream cheese hours in advance.
- Instant flavor! The cream cheese already has great flavor from the chive and onions and all you need to add are a couple fresh herbs to brighten it up and add some depth.
I stir in sour cream to mellow the flavor out a little and also thin it down a bit more.
- 1/2 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (more for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (more to taste)
- 30 mini phyllo shells
- 2 small salad cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 large radishes, quartered and thinly sliced
- About 6-10 grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, dill, parsley, and pepper. Stir until combined. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon filling into each phyllo shell. Top with a slice of cucumber, a slice of radish, and a slice of tomato. Sprinkle with additional fresh dill if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 2 appetizer cups.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.