Spring Herb Cream Cheese Appetizer Cups
These spring herb cream cheese appetizer cups scream spring and are easy to make – they come together in minutes and are a stunning addition to any appetizer spread.
It seems like spring is the season for baby showers and wedding showers, doesn’t it? I’m always looking for quick and easy appetizer ideas that will please a wide range of people and keep my time in the kitchen super short.
These spring herb cream cheese appetizer cups are the perfect thing. I adore using phyllo cups for quick and easy appetizers like these easy spinach artichoke phyllo bites. They also lend themselves perfectly to sweet treats such as mini patriotic fruit tarts (those have a fun secret ingredient), banana and chocolate pudding dessert bites, mini pumpkin parts (these are incredibly easy), and cappuccino mousse cups.
The possibilities are really endless and I love keeping a package in my freezer for those times when I need something in a pinch.
These cream cheese appetizer cups use spreadable chive and onion cream cheese. This is a beautiful thing for two reasons.
- No need to soften a brick of cream cheese. When you are looking for a quick appetizer idea, you don’t want to have to remember to soften cream cheese hours in advance.
- Instant flavor! The cream cheese already has great flavor from the chive and onions and all you need to add are a couple fresh herbs to brighten it up and add some depth.
I stir in sour cream to mellow the flavor out a little and also thin it down a bit more.
The only thing left to do is top these little wonders with some of my favorite go-to vegetables and fresh dill and they are ready to go! I use radish, cucumber, and tomato slices but you could also top them with chopped bell pepper, sugar peas, broccoli, blanched asparagus slices, and so on. Whatever you like!
You guys are going to love these cream cheese appetizer cups and they are just perfect for a baby shower – virtual or not.
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 1/2 cup spreadable chive and onion cream cheese
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (more for garnish)
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper (more to taste)
- 30 mini phyllo shells
- 2 small salad cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 2 large radishes, quartered and thinly sliced
- About 6-10 grape tomatoes, thinly sliced
- In a small mixing bowl, mix together cream cheese, sour cream, dill, parsley, and pepper. Stir until combined. Taste and add salt and pepper as desired.
- Spoon about 1 teaspoon filling into each phyllo shell. Top with a slice of cucumber, a slice of radish, and a slice of tomato. Sprinkle with additional fresh dill if desired.
- Serve immediately.
- Serving size: 2 appetizer cups.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Verdict: Love the bright spring flavors in these cream cheese appetizer cups.
Husband’s take: Truthfully, cream cheese/sour cream things are not really his jam (I KNOW!), but he ate a couple of these as is and then ate a couple more after scooping a bit of the cream cheese out. I’d say that’s still a win, wouldn’t you? My mother-in-law loved this appetizer too.
Changes I would make: None are necessary, but you could try out different herbs or different vegetable toppings if you wanted.
Difficulty: Easy, so easy!
Leave a Review