These honey lemon shortbread cookies are perfect for a girly event like a baby shower but even the most manly-man will devour these cookies.
I am so excited to be teaming up with a whole bunch of food bloggers to throw a surprise virtual baby shower for Liz of The Lemon Bowl. Liz is one of my closest blogging friends (she put up with me and my spreadsheet obsession during the planning of Taste of MI so that says a lot in and of itself!).
Liz is also one of the post positive, encouraging people I know (it’s almost annoying sometimes…kidding, Liz!). Who also isn’t afraid to give you a reality check/wake up call when you need one. And I think that’s what true friends do.
Today we’re celebrating! Liz is having her second baby boy! I cannot wait to meet this little guy and see if he is as cute as his big brother is (no doubt in my mind, he will be!). Liz is a great mom and she is going to have so much fun watching her two boys play together and grow close.
Having two kids is the most amazing thing ever, Liz. It’s so special to watch your kids develop such unconditional love and affection for each other. And now I’m going to cry.
Love you, Liz. Congrats!!!
For your shower, in honor of you, we asked everyone to make a recipe that included lemon as a recipe. Duh — the theme was not hard to come up with. I hope you love browsing all the lemon recipes. I made these honey lemon shortbread cookies for you. Maybe just this once you can splurge and enjoy the rich buttery goodness of these indulgent cookies. Honey and lemon are a match made in heaven. The sugar on top gives these such great texture. Hope you love them!
Please take some time to browse all the other lemony recipes created in honor of Liz today! (Listed below.) And make sure to head over to Liz’s site and offer up your congratulations!
- Whipped Feta Spread with Lemon, Garlic & Rosemary by Miss in the Kitchen
- Cauliflower Mashed “Potatoes” in a Lemon Cup with Smoked Paprika by Climbing Grier Mountain
- Lemon Basil Bruschetta by Dine & Dish
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Fries w/ Lemon Basil Aioli by What’s Gaby Cooking
- Lemon Garlic Herb Marinated Olives by Sarah’s Cucina Bella
- Kalamata Olive and Feta Dip with Baked Lemon Pepper Pita Chips by In Aggie’s Kitchen
- Creamy Asparagus Guacamole by The Healthy Apple
- Sparkling Honey Rosemary Lemonade by Nutmeg Nanny
- Basil Hibiscus Lemonade by Fabtastic Eats
- Jam Mocktails: Lemon & Pineapple by Cooking with Books
- Lemon Jalapeno Spritzers by Bev Cooks
- Sparkling Blackberry Lemonade by Crumbs and Chaos
- Limonana (Middle Eastern Frozen Mint Lemonade) by An Edible Mosaic
- Tipsy Lemonade Iced Tea by Family Fresh Cooking
- Kale Salad with Lemon-Tahini Dressing by Thrifty Veggie Mama
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Pistachios & Sun-Dried Tomatoes by Cookin’ Canuck
- Greek Salad with Garlic-Lemon Vinaigrette by Gimme Some Oven
- Pear Quinoa Salad by Reluctant Entertainer
- Lemon Avocado Salad Dressing by The Lean Green Bean
- Lemony Spinach & Tomato Quinoa Salad by MomAdvice
- Herbed Calamari Salad with Preserved Lemons by Everyday Maven
- Italian Lemon Roast Chicken Pot by Eat2Gather
- Roasted Lemon Garlic Cocktail Shrimp by Simply Scratch
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Tostada by A Zesty Bite
- Lemon Pepper Shrimp Linguine by Taste and Tell
- Salmon with Lemon Herb Butter by Handle the Heat
- Lemon Chicken Stew by FoodieCrush
- Chicken Saltimbocca with Lemon Cream Sauce and Olive Orzo by Baker by Nature
- Honey Lemon Shortbread Cookies by Rachel Cooks
- Lemon Blueberry Macarons by Chocolate & Carrots
- Lemon Glazed Cookies by A Cedar Spoon
- Healthier Lemon Bars by Texanerin Baking
- Lemon Sugar Cookies by What Megan’s Making
- Light Lemon Mousse by Country Cleaver
- Lemon Sugar Cookie Sandwiches by i am baker
- Mini Lemon Cheesecakes with Gingersnap Crust by The Law Student’s Wife
- Lemon Cupcakes with Lemon Chips by Seeded at the Table