All the great flavors you love in the favorite campfire treat but packed in popcorn! This s’mores popcorn will be perfect for your next movie night!
I’m so excited to be guest posting for Susan of Doughmesstic today while she is on her book tour promoting her new book, The S’mores Cookbook. A book full of fun s’mores recipes. From cheesecake to pancakes to eclairs, this book has you covered! And if that isn’t enough, while Susan is away on her book tour, she’s giving you even more s’mores goodness brought to you by a whole line up of guest bloggers. Today I’m filling in with S’mores popcorn. Only natural that I’d bring popcorn to the party, right?
Zip on over to Susan’s for the S’mores Popcorn Recipe and tons of other s’more goodness or find it below 🙂
Yield: at least 10 cups
Prep Time: 20 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
All the great flavors you love in the favorite campfire treat but packed in popcorn! This s'mores popcorn will be perfect for your next movie night!
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels
- 2 cups graham cracker cereal (such as Golden Grahams)
- 2 cups mini marshmallows
- 2 cups milk chocolate chips
1. Use an air popper to pop popcorn. Remove any unpopped or partially popped kernels and spread out whats left on two large rimmed baking sheets.
2. Sprinkle graham cracker cereal and marshmallows over the popped popcorn.
3. Melt chocolate (I do it in 30 second intervals using the microwave, being careful not to overheat. A double boiler would work great too.). Drizzle melted chocolate over popcorn mixture. Gently shake pans to make sure chocolate adheres to everything. Let chocolate harden before storing in an airtight container. Best enjoyed within a couple of days.
Note: I use Mushroom Popcorn Kernels for this popcorn because it pops up really full and round. Regular popcorn (white or yellow) would also work fine.