These zucchini feta pancakes are crispy and salty on the outside and soft and pancake-like on the inside. You won’t be able to resist them!
Today’s pancakes are from Megan of What Megan’s Making. I followed Megan’s blog for quite a while before I realized that she is married to one of my high school classmates. Such a small world! Megan is a sweetheart, and a fantastic blogger! Her recipes are approachable and always look so delicious.
Hello! I’m Megan from What Megan’s Making and I’m so excited to be posting here today.
These were absolutely wonderful. They are crispy and salty on the outside and soft and pancake-like on the inside. I couldn’t stop eating them! Even my husband loved them, which was a surprise since he claims to not like feta cheese. They are a little bit of effort to make, but so worth it. They are especially wonderful right around now when most people have an abundance of zucchini. If you like hash browns, I’m pretty sure you will like these. I hope you try them!
- Put the zucchini in a fine-mesh sieve, sprinkle with 2 tsp salt, and let stand for 15-30 minutes. Squeeze out any excess liquid.
- In a small bowl, stir together the flour, baking powder, ¼ teaspoon pepper, and 1 teaspoon salt.
- In a separate medium sized bowl, stir together the zucchini, feta, egg yolks, green onions, and parsley. Stir in the flour mixture.
- In a clean bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Fold into the zucchini mixture.
- In a frying pan over medium heat, warm the olive oil. Drop 4 spoonfuls of batter into the pan, spreading them out slightly with your spoon so they are thin and round.
- Fry until crisp, about 1 1 /2 minutes per side. Transfer to paper towels, season with salt, and keep warm.
- Add more oil to the frying pan and fry the remaining batter.
- Serve topped with the sour cream.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Thanks for bringing something savory to the party, Megan! Can’t wait to try these.
Remember to follow along with all the pancakes this month, just click on the picture below!