A great option for vegetarians, baked taquitos are perfect for game days or even lunch. They are easy to make with only five ingredients!
This post is part of my partnership with Sabra®.
I think I talk about this every year, but some people watch the Superbowl for the football. (Weird, I know.) I’m all about the food – am I alone? Specifically, finger foods and dip. If you can have them together, all the better.
If you are a vegetarian or have friends or family who are vegetarians, these baked taquitos are a great option. Just make sure the refried beans you purchase are vegetarian. Or better yet, try my homemade slow cooker refried beans.
These taquitos are a bit time-consuming to roll, but they’re super simple and easy despite that. I use Sabra Classic Guacamole but if you like things spicy, they have a great spicy variety too.
To make the baked taquitos, you spread beans mixed with homemade taco seasoning on a flour tortilla, then the guacamole, and then sprinkle on the cheese. Roll them up and bake! That’s really all there is to it.
The best part is, of course, the dipping. Sour cream, homemade restaurant style salsa, smoky chipotle salsa, or more guacamole! Warm cheese queso or this healthier butternut squash queso would be so good, too!
More Tex-Mex type appetizers:
- 2 cans (16 ounces each) black bean refried beans
- 2 teaspoons [taco seasoning]
- 20 small flour tortillas
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) Sabra® Classic Guacamole
- 2 cups shredded Mexican-style cheese
- nonstick baking spray
- salsa or sour cream for dipping
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a bowl, mix refried beans with taco seasoning until combined.
- Lay one tortilla on a flat surface. Down the middle of the tortilla, spread 1-2 tablespoons of beans. On top, add about one tablespoon Sabra Classic Guacamole. Sprinkle with about 1 tablespoon of cheese. Roll up tightly and place on baking sheet seam side down.
- Continue this process until all tortillas have been filled and rolled.
- Spray tops with nonstick baking spray (it will help the tortillas get nice and crispy!) and bake for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with salsa or sour cream for dipping.
- Serving size: 2 taquitos.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Disclosure: I have been compensated by Sabra for the time required to develop and share this recipe but all thoughts are my own, as always. Thanks for supporting my blog by reading about brands and products I use and love in my own kitchen.