Triple chocolate Cocoa Puffs crispy treats are perfect for any chocolate lover – and they don’t require turning the oven on!
Three times the chocolate. 3X. THREE TIMES.
About these Cocoa Puffs treats:
Okay. Now that we’re all on the same page. These no bake bars have THREE cups of chocolate chips in addition to yummy cocoa puffs. They’re crispy, chewy, and clearly full of chocolate.
Want to know where I hide the chocolate? One cup of chocolate chips is stirred in with the cereal so you get crunchy bites of the chocolate.
Another cup of chocolate chips is mixed in and melted with the marshmallows to form the “glue” that holds this all together. Tasty glue, huh?
And then the final cup of chocolate chips is melted and spread over the top, because, well, duh. We need more chocolate here in this situation.
I like to sprinkle a little coarse sea salt on top of the bars. It’s totally up to you but sweet and salty? So good!
No special equipment is needed to make these cereal bars. The process is similar to Rice Krispie treats. You’ll need a sauce pan to melt the marshmallows and chocolate, a big bowl to mix everything together, and an 8×8 inch pan to press them into.
Allow them to cool an hour or so to let the chocolate firm up a little, unless you really like ooey, gooey, messy treats.
Make these cereal bars your own:
You can get pretty creative with this recipe.
- Substitute another crispy cereal if you don’t like or can’t find Cocoa Puffs.
- Try substituting white chocolate or peanut butter chips for some or all of the chocolate chips.
- Stir another goodie of your choice with the cereal, like raisins, dried cranberries, bits of peppermint candy, etc.
Looking for more easy treats?
Here’s more easy no bake cookie and bar ideas, plus a few more healthy treats. Try:
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, plus additional to grease the pan
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips, divided
- 6 cups cocoa puff cereal
- 1 teaspoon canola oil
- sprinkle of fine sea salt for dusting, optional
- Grease a 8x8 pan with butter.
- In a large, deep pan (nonstick preferred), melt butter, mini marshmallows, and one cup chocolate chips over low heat until completely melted (no lumps of marshmallows or chocolate chips remain).
- Remove pan from heat and immediately stir in 1 cup chocolate chips and cocoa puff cereal. Continue to stir until all cereal and chocolate chips are coated with marshmallow/butter combination. Pour into prepared pan.
- Spray hands lightly with nonstick baking spray (or coat with butter) and press mixture gently into pan.
- Into a small bowl, add one cup of chocolate chips and 1 teaspoon canola oil. Melt slowly in the microwave (30 second intervals, stirring well between each interval) until completely melted. Pour over bars and sprinkle with sea salt if desired.
- Let cool completely to let chocolate harden before cutting into squares with a sharp knife.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.