Strawberries with basil is a stunning combination when fresh strawberries are dipped in fragrant basil sugar.
One method: Very finely chop basil leaves, put them in a clean jar, add sugar, give it a shake and let it sit and hang out for a little while.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10-12 basil leaves, washed and dried well
- Very finely chop basil leaves. Place in small clean jar.
- Add sugar, shake well. Allow to sit for 1 hour.
- Alternatively, add basil leaves to bowl of small food processor. Add sugar and process until basil is ground, and combined with sugar.
- Dip strawberries in sugar and eat.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.