Strawberries with Basil Sugar
Strawberries with basil is a stunning combination when fresh strawberries are dipped in fragrant basil sugar.
One method: Very finely chop basil leaves, put them in a clean jar, add sugar, give it a shake and let it sit and hang out for a little while.
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 10-12 basil leaves, washed and dried well
- Very finely chop basil leaves. Place in small clean jar.
- Add sugar, shake well. Allow to sit for 1 hour.
- Alternatively, add basil leaves to bowl of small food processor. Add sugar and process until basil is ground, and combined with sugar.
- Dip strawberries in sugar and eat.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 97Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 0mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 0gSugar: 25gProtein: 0g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.