Kale and Spinach Dip Bites (5 ingredients)
These kale and spinach dip bites are a twist on a bread bowl full of spinach dip, but are easier to make and eat!
Spinach dip is one of my favorite appetizers, and it’s always such a hit at parties. I think my obsession has been made pretty clear through spinach dip phyllo bites, Mexican spinach dip, spinach dip with sundried tomatoes, hummus spinach dip, skinny spinach dip, etc. I even stuffed it into hasselback chicken. I think even spinach-haters love spinach dip. Don’t they?
And what’s better than spinach dip in a giant bowl made of bread? Well, I’d argue maybe miniature bread bowls filled with spinach kale dip. The bread to dip ratio is perfect and the embarrassing struggle of trying to dip a crumbly piece of bread into thick spinach dip, leaving half of your bread behind is completely eliminated. Aren’t you glad you can avoid that party nightmare situation with these cute little spinach dip bites? I am!
I partnered with La Terra Fina® to create this recipe that’s just waiting to make an appearance at your next party. I chose to stray from the classic spinach artichoke dip and use their Greek yogurt Spinach & Kale Dip & Spread in this recipe.
I amp up the nutrition and flavor a bit by adding chopped fresh kale and red bell peppers. The pop of red swimming amongst the green also make these kinda perfect for any Christmas celebrations you might be planning.
They’re a fairly hearty appetizer, so I’d plan on one per guest, especially if you’re serving additional appetizers. These spinach dip bites would also be fantastic served right alongside dinner in place of bread or dinner rolls.
You can make the filling in advance, but I’d recommend baking immediately prior to serving.
Used in this recipe:
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- One container (10oz) La Terra Fina Spinach & Kale Dip & Spread
- 1/2 cup finely diced red bell peppers
- 1 cup finely chopped loosely packed fresh kale
- 16 ounce package refrigerated biscuits
- 1/3 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375°F. In a mixing bowl, combine La Terra Fina Spinach & Kale Dip & Spread with diced bell peppers and chopped kale.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray. Flatten a biscuit slightly with your hands and fit it into the muffin tin. Repeat with remaining biscuits. Fill each cup with approximately two tablespoons of Spinach and Kale filling.
- Top each cup with a sprinkle of grated mozzarella cheese and bake for 16 minutes or until cups are golden brown and cheese is melted.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Husband’s take: He’s a sucker for anything that involves a biscuit.
Changes I would make: None are necessary!
Learn more about La Terra Fina and their great products on Facebook, Pinterest, and Twitter — we all need a shortcut here and there while entertaining and their dips are perfect! Follow along with them on social media for more great recipes.
This post is sponsored by La Terra Fina. All opinions are my own.
Leave a Review