All of you moms out there know what it’s like to try and lose those extra pounds and the kangaroo pouch after the babies are born. I find myself counting calories, working out.. and the entire time I am dreaming of things filled with ooey gooey chocolate, slathered in caramel.
My solution? Make the brownies!
But only a small batch! If you are like me, things with caramel and chocolate do not stand a chance. You have issues with self control. That big 9×13 pan of fudgy goodness is going to be eaten. It just happens before you know it.
More brownie recipes!
- 5 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons all purpose flour
FOR THE CARAMEL:
- 1/2 cup caramel dip, I use Marzetti Old Fashioned Caramel Dip
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray mini muffin cups with non stick baking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl using a rubber spatula, mix together melted butter, sugar and salt. Once combined, mix in egg and vanilla extract. Add cocoa powder and flour, scraping down the sides of the bowl just until all the ingredients have come together.
- Using a cookie scooper or tablespoon, fill greased mini muffin cups about 3/4 full.
- Bake for about 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Allow brownie bites to cool before removing from the muffin tin.
- Dollop caramel dip on the tops of each brownie and then sprinkle the tops with sea salt.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Thanks so much, Carrie! These look divine!