Pumpkin Honey Whipped Butter
Creamy whipped butter, flavored with honey, pumpkin, and pumpkin pie spice, is so perfect on toast, muffins, or bread.
Okay. That pumpkin recipe you’re about to bake?
Set aside a tablespoon of the pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin).
It will be fine. Your recipe doesn’t need it.
Or perhaps it does. I don’t know what you’re making!
But I do know, this pumpkin honey whipped butter is more important.
You’re going to need this on your toast tomorrow morning. Or today. For a snack. Or a dessert. Just SAVE THAT TABLESPOON and trust me.
About this pumpkin honey butter
With only five ingredients, this compound butter is easy to make. Simply mix together softened butter, honey, pumpkin purée (the canned kind, but not pumpkin pie filling), pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. That’s it. An electric mixer works best to get it nicely blended and fluffy.
Put the whipped butter back into the fridge to firm up, or to store it well wrapped for up to five days in the fridge. If you want, you can even freeze it for up to 6 months.
Just a note: I always make my own pumpkin pie spice blend. You can also buy it at the grocery store. It’s a blend of spices that you can use to flavor pumpkin pie, and other pumpkin goodies, like pumpkin streusel bread, pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin spice candied walnuts, and pumpkin pie dip, just to name a few. It’s a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves.
More sweet toppings
- Cranberry Cinnamon Honey Butter
- Gingerbread Butter
- Orange Honey Butter
- Vanilla Bean Whipped Butter
- Vanilla Bean Whipped Cream Cheese
- Strawberry Basil Jam
- Cinnamon Honey Walnut Butter by The Healthy Toast
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with a fork. Whip vigorously until well combined. Use an electric mixer for a whipped texture.
- Store in refrigerator. Spread on hot toast, muffins, toasted bagels, or English muffins.
- Recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled.
- Serving size: 1 tablespoon.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Leave a Review