Creamy whipped pumpkin butter is perfect for spreading over toast, muffins, or quick bread slices! Flavored with honey, pumpkin, and spice, it’s the ultimate homemade fall condiment.
Whipped Pumpkin Butter With Honey
Okay. That pumpkin recipe you’re about to bake? Set aside a tablespoon of the pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin). It will be fine. Your recipe doesn’t need it. Or perhaps it does. I don’t know what you’re making! But I do know, this whipped pumpkin butter is more important. You’re going to need this on your whole wheat bread tomorrow morning. Or for a snack, spread over pumpkin bread. Or a dessert. Just SAVE THAT TABLESPOON of pumpkin, and trust me.
Why You’ll Love this Whipped pumpkin butter Recipe
With only five ingredients, this compound butter is easy to make. Simply mix together softened butter, honey, pumpkin purée (the canned kind, and not pumpkin pie filling), pumpkin pie spice, and vanilla extract. That’s it. An electric mixer works best to get it nicely blended and fluffy.
Put the whipped pumpkin butter back into the fridge to firm up, or store it well-wrapped for up to five days in the fridge. I’ll warn you now: you’ll be spreading it over EVERYTHING, from muffins to pumpkin streusel bread! If you want, you can even freeze this pumpkin butter for up to 6 months.
Just a note: I always make my own pumpkin pie spice blend. You can also buy it at the grocery store. It’s a blend of spices that you can use to flavor pumpkin pie, and other pumpkin goodies, like pumpkin chocolate chip muffins, pumpkin spice candied walnuts, and pumpkin pie dip, just to name a few. It’s a mixture of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, and cloves.
- 1/2 stick (4 tablespoons) unsalted butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin purée (canned pumpkin, not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Mix all ingredients together in a bowl with a fork. Whip vigorously until well combined. Use an electric mixer for a whipped texture.
- Store in refrigerator. Spread on hot toast, muffins, toasted bagels, or English muffins.
- Recipe can easily be doubled or even tripled.
- Serving size: 1 tablespoon.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.