This pepperoni pizza 6 layer hummus dip is not only great for parties, it’s also perfect for school lunches!
There is only one thing better than dip and that’s LAYERED dip.
If there’s a gathering, party, or get-together, you’ll find me by the dips. I really can’t resist the classics – hummus, spinach dip, queso, guacamole, french onion dip, or dill dip for vegetables. Basically I love anything I can stick a cracker, piece of bread, or a vegetable into.
When Sabra asked me to create a recipe with their new Pizza Flavored Hummus Singles (yes, you read that right – a dream come true!), I decided to keep it as a dip, but jazz it up a bit. With back-to-school season right around the corner (but we are NOT going to talk about that any more!!!), this dip is perfect for lunches too.
Note: This product has been discontinued. Try mixing classic hummus with a little garlic powder and oregano for a similar taste profile!
(Small PSA – make sure to teach your kids that there are food allergies other than peanut – some kids are allergic to sesame seeds. Tahini, an tasty and important ingredient in hummus, is made from sesame seeds. Make sure they know that what might be delicious to them might be deadly to others. And while they shouldn’t miss out, please teach them to always wash their hands after enjoying the contents of their lunchbox. Make sure they know not to share utensils or napkins. On behalf of all mommas of children with food allergies, thank you!)
So, back to hummus. My little man is not allergic to sesame seeds unless he eats them (his allergy is not an inhaled-type), so the rest of us carefully (verrrry carefully) enjoy hummus from time to time in our home.
Let’s get down to business and talk about the layers!
- Hummus, duh. Spread it into a nice smooth layer.
- Pizza sauce. You can buy it or make your own.
- Shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Pepperoni. I used miniature ones, but you could cut up regular sized sliced pepperoni.
- Grated parmesan cheese.
- Fresh basil! Because it’s actually growing in my garden!
If you’re feeling like you need a few more layers, some vegetables would be great. Chopped mushrooms, red bell peppers, or chopped spinach would be good choices.
Alright folks, that’s all I have to say. Go get your dippity dip on with this 6 layer hummus dip.
Looking for more dips?
Here’s some great dipping ideas for you:
- 1 single-sized (2 ounces) Sabra Hummus Singles
- 1 tablespoon pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon mini pepperoni
- 1 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- fresh basil leaves
- On a small plate or a bowl – layer all ingredients. Begin by spreading hummus on the bottom.
- Spoon pizza sauce over the hummus. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, mini pepperoni, and parmesan cheese.
- Add basil immediately before serving with pizza crust triangles.
- Add chopped bell peppers, red onion, mushrooms, or other veggies.
- Nutrition information does not include pizza crust dippers.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Husband’s take: He was sitting next to me as I typed up this post and said, “That stuff is good.”
Changes I would make: None are necessary!
Difficulty: Ridiculously easy!
Disclaimer: As a Sabra Tastemaker, I’ve been compensated for creating and sharing this recipe. All opinions are, as always, my own. I often buy Sabra products with my own money, and after visiting the headquarters and production facility last year, I fully stand behind their products. Thanks for supporting my blog by reading about brands I use and love.