Peppermint Crunch Popcorn
Peppermint crunch popcorn: popcorn mixed with crushed candy canes and chocolate chips, and coated in peppermint white chocolate. So yummy and perfect for gift giving!
You might have heard, I sort of have a thing for popcorn. I kind of love it. I grew up eating popcorn every Sunday night with my family. It was a tradition that I have carried happily on into adulthood.
Occasionally I have it other nights in addition to Sunday. (Just to be clear, occasionally = always.) I prefer it air-popped with a
healthy unhealthy amount of butter and salt.
You won’t be surprised, then, to see a bunch of popcorn recipes on my site. Keep reading if you’d like to check them out (you know you do!).
About peppermint crunch popcorn:
This peppermint crunch popcorn is crunchy, sweet, pepperminty and perfect for the holidays. It’s easy to make.
Crush candy canes in a plastic bag with a rolling pin or meat mallet and put them in a big bowl or a large foil roasting pan. Add air popped popcorn, and chocolate chips. I like to use the holiday colored ones for this recipe.
Melt a package of white chocolate candy melts according to package directions. Mix in peppermint extract and pour this mixture over the popcorn mixture. Mix it well, spread it out on a couple of rimmed baking sheets and let it cool. As it dries, it will harden. Store in an airtight container until ready to serve.
This recipe for peppermint crunch popcorn makes a ton so it would be great for a party! Peppermint crunch popcorn makes nice gifts, too. Put it into fancy holiday gift bags, tie a ribbon around the top, and hand the bags out to neighbors or friends. So pretty and delicious!
If you love popcorn as much as I do (check out this collection of 50+ popcorn recipes), check out these sweet popcorn concoctions. You’ll find a favorite, I’m sure.
- 1/2 cup unpopped popcorn kernels, popped (or about 16 cups popped popcorn)
- 16 ounce package white chocolate candy melts
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 10 regular-sized candy canes, unwrapped
- 1 cup chocolate chips (I use holiday colored chocolate chips)
- Place candy canes in a large zip-top bag and crush using a rolling-pin or meat tenderizer. Make sure the pieces are quite small, but they don’t have to be uniform. In a very large bowl or a foil roasting pan (I prefer the roasting pan), add popped popcorn (try to pick out the kernels and partially popped kernels), crushed candy canes, and chocolate chips.
- Melt candy melts according to package directions. Stir in peppermint extract. Pour melted candy melts over popcorn mixture and stir well so that everything is coated. Spread on two large baking sheets until hardened. Store in airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 243Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 6mgSodium: 32mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 1gSugar: 28gProtein: 2g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.
Husband’s take: “Wow.”
Changes I would make: None.