Orange Creamsicle Popcorn
All the flavors of the classic summer treat — except in popcorn form. This orange creamsicle popcorn is a great treat any time of the year!
Hey y’all! Have you heard? I’m a huge popcorn fan.
Geez, guys. I feel a little bad now. I’ll try to at least change up my popcorn bowl every now and then for variety. No, that’s a lie. It needs to be the big silver bowl from my grandma. That is just the way popcorn has to be done. Sorry. But I must admit, it was fun going through my old instagram photos. E when she was N’s age, N when he was just born and baby bump photos!
Almost makes me want baby #3. Almost.
As with all my recipes, this popcorn is so easy to make.
- Pop popcorn. I always use mushroom popcorn for this recipe. It pops up nice and big and nice and round. This makes it perfect for coated popcorns (it’s not my every day popcorn) because it holds up to the weight and moisture of whatever you’re mixing in to your popcorn.
- Melt white chocolate (vanilla candy coating).
- Stir in orange zest and vanilla beans.
- Coat the popcorn with the candy coating and let it cool slightly until hardened.
I originally shared this orange creamsicle popcorn recipe on Food Fanatic. Keep reading for the full recipe below too!
- 1/2 cup popcorn kernels
- 16 ounces vanilla candy coating
- scrapings of 1 vanilla bean
- orange zest, from one large orange
- Pop corn using a hot air popper. Pick out any unpopped kernels (slightly time consuming but very important!!!).
- Melt the candy coating according to direction packages until it is completely smooth. Stir in vanilla beans and orange zest until completely incorporated.
- Pour melted candy coating mixture over the popcorn mixture and stir until everything is well coated. Spread onto a large sheet pan for candy coating to harden before serving immediately or storing in an airtight container for 3-4 days.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 91Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 5mgCarbohydrates: 6gFiber: 0gSugar: 5gProtein: 0g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.