Morning Glory Pancakes
Start your day right with morning glory pancakes, with shredded carrot, apples, raisins, and coconut and have a glorious day!
Today’s recipe is from Deborah of Taste and Tell. Deborah is a super talented blogger. I especially love her feature called Blogger Spotlights where I get to learn more about my favorite bloggers. It is similar to my “a day in the life” series. She even featured me! It was so fun and I was so honored. Welcome, Deborah!
Since I was little, I always loved breakfast. I was spoiled with breakfast, too. My mom was a stay at home mom for most of my childhood, and we had 3 homemade meals every day. For six days of the week, we had a hot breakfast. The only day we were able to eat cold cereal was on Saturday morning, when we were allowed to get up as early as we wanted, get ourselves cold cereal for breakfast, and watch Saturday morning cartoons. But every other morning of the week, it was cream of wheat, or eggs, or pancakes.
My mom makes the best pancakes. She never really went away from the normal pancakes, but she made this delicious lemon sauce that was always my favorite. I always looked forward to pancake mornings – I think that was always my favorite!!
My other true breakfast love is muffins. I can’t get enough of them. So it was only natural for me to combine one of my favorite muffins – Morning Glory Muffins – with pancakes.
These Morning Glory Pancakes are chock full of all kinds of goodness – apples, carrots, coconut, raisins. My husband calls them “kitchen sink pancakes” because really, they are full of pretty much everything. But I think they are the perfect combination of flavors. A little bit sweet, but not over the top. And perfect for breakfast. I could happily enjoy pancakes like this for breakfast on a regular basis!!
Don’t stop now, I have lots more pancakes for you! Try:
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 eggs, whites and yolks separated
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups grated carrot
- ½ cup grated apple
- ½ cup raisins
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. In a small bowl, combine the egg yolks, milk and vegetable oil. Mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, just until combined. Add in the carrot, apple, raisins and coconut. Stir just until combined.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites until they have stiff peaks. Lightly fold into the pancake batter.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Spray with nonstick cooking spray. Add 1/4 cup of the pancake batter to the griddle and cook until the edges are browned and the batter is bubbling. Flip and cook until the second side is browned. Continue with the remaining batter.
- Serve with maple syrup.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 526Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 146mgSodium: 910mgCarbohydrates: 78gFiber: 5gSugar: 28gProtein: 13g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.