Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes
Light and fluffy, lemon poppyseed pancakes are perfect topped with juicy ripe strawberries. Try them today!
My guest today is Amanda of Fake Ginger. You might remember her from my “a day in the life” feature not too long ago. In that post, I ranted and raved about how great Amanda is–and it turns out she’s still great!
Hi, everyone! I’m excited to be bringing pancakes this morning! I have a bright and cheery recipe to get your week started right.
I’m actually not the pancake maker of my family – my husband is. But while he’s off fulfilling every little boy’s fantasy of blowing holes in the sides of mountains, I’ve become the pancake maker by default.
I am, however, a pro at pancake eating and these Lemon Poppyseed Pancakes are my favorite! I just love how cute the poppy seeds are and while they really don’t add much flavor to the pancakes, they add a really fun crunch. My kids are in the picky stage and even they love these.
These pancakes are perfect with a fresh fruit topping like the strawberries pictured. Cook the strawberries with a teeny bit of sugar and water until syrupy. Blueberries are also delicious!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup poppy seeds
- zest of 4 lemons
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted (plus more for pan)
- Sift together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the buttermilk, eggs, butter, lemon zest and poppy seeds. Pour this over the dry ingredients and stir until just combined. A few lumps are fine, don’t overmix!
- Heat your skillet, pan, or griddle to medium-hot and brush it with a bit of butter. Pour about 1/3 of a cup of batter into the skillet. Once the pancake has lots of bubbles on top, flip it and cook until the other side is golden brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with your choice of toppings.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 512Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 587mgCarbohydrates: 82gFiber: 6gSugar: 25gProtein: 17g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.