Fresh and simple, tomato cucumber salad with feta makes a tasty lunch or side dish. It’s so easy to make!
This easy salad is simple combination of chopped tomatoes and cucumber, dressed in balsamic vinegar and olive oil, and sprinkled with feta cheese. Enjoy it with hummus and crackers for a satisfying lunch.
I’m definitely a person who goes through phases with food. I’ll eat the same thing for days, or even weeks on end. Then I’ll get bored and start eating something new.
This only applies to breakfast, lunches, and snacks. Dinner is something different every night. Except about once a week when we get Lebanese carry-out. That is a rut that we probably won’t be leaving any time soon.
I think I’m in my current lunch rut because it is a summery meal and I’m really itching for some warmer weather. Michigan hasn’t been kind to us lately. We took a nice walk today but the sun was deceiving–it was still quite cold!
Lucky you if it is really summer and you can use fresh tomatoes from your garden. That would make this salad really shine! I just have to imagine that right now.
- 1/2 English cucumber, chopped
- 3 fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- coarse sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- Divide tomatoes and cucumbers between two plates. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar and olive oil.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- If you prefer, use a balsamic vinaigrette.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.