Classic Blueberry Pancakes
Blueberry pancakes, loaded with berries and topped with maple syrup, make a classic breakfast treat. Try them today!
Hi everyone, this is Kita. How could I not participate in a month long pancake lovin’ throwdown?When Rachel asked us for our favorite pancake recipes, my mind rushed over the options, but I wanted to also be realistic in my goal. I finally settled on something that I knew would please both members of my household, classic blueberry pancakes.
These traditional pancakes are light, fluffy, and come together quickly on a Saturday morning. I got the recipe from CakeLove in the Morning.
If you have someone who is picky in your household, and doesn’t like blueberries, just fold in the blueberries after portioning out their pancakes on the skillet. (Not that I have any one in my house who would ever complain of blueberries mingling in the same area as his plain boring pancakes.)
Don’t have blueberries? Use any other berry that happens to be in your fridge at the time!
Love pancake breakfasts?
So do I! Try one of these pancake recipes:
- 1 ½ cups flour
- 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 ½ cups milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
- 1 tablespoon butter, for frying, opt.
- Preheat griddle or skillet to medium.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, sugars, cornmeal, baking powder and salt.
- Whisk together milk, egg, and vanilla. Mix into the dry ingredients until just combined Don’t overmix the batter. Fold in blueberries and let the batter rest for a few minutes.
- Melt butter in skillet. Using a measuring cup to portion your pancakes, drop ¼ cup of the batter onto the skillet at a time. Cook pancakes until bubbles begin to appear, 3 to 4 minutes, flip and cook an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with warm butter, syrup, and more blueberries.
- Recipe from CakeLove in the Morning.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1 of 4
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 331Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 721mgCarbohydrates: 58gFiber: 2gSugar: 13gProtein: 10g
RachelCooks.com sometimes provides nutritional information, but these figures should be considered estimates, as they are not calculated by a registered dietitian. Please consult a medical professional for any specific nutrition, diet, or allergy advice.