Caramel kissed brownies are everything you want in a brownie: thin crust, chewy edges, lots of gooey caramel!
Today is the last guest post I have lined up. I have some really fun and exciting things lined up for next week that I am super excited about so make sure to come on back.
Today I have Roxana of Roxana’s Home Baking posting and she has me craving brownies like crazy. These look insanely good and I just want to dive in. I can’t stop staring at that dripping caramel. Thanks for helping me out this week, Roxana!
Hello, Rachel Cooks fans! I’m Roxana, self-taught baker, wanna-be photographer and the writer behind Roxana’s Home Baking. I’m happy to be here, on Rachel’s blog while she’s taking a day off to breathe. I truly admire her and all moms, especially those with more than 1 kid. I have a 3-year-old daughter and she keeps me running all day. That’s when brownies come into picture. This mama needs chocolate to survive.
For those of you who are not familiar with my blog, its main focus is baking everything from scratch. Baking not only brings me joy but completes me as well. Most of the recipes found on my blog rely on simple techniques everyone can master with a little bit of patience.
Like these brownies, for example. They are so easy to put together. The hardest part is unwrapping a whole bag of caramel kisses. I hate unwrapping candy. Wish there was an easier way.
I made these brownies about two weeks ago and hardly had enough patience to let them cool completely. At one point I was thinking of taking a fork and eating them straight from the pan. I’m not ashamed to admit I have a
weakness addiction to chocolate. I make sure I eat some every day, may it be in the form of a bar, candy, cookies or fudgy brownies.
These caramel kissed brownies are everything you want in a brownie. They are rich and fudgy, with an ooey -gooey center and a thin crust on top, and the best part, the chewy edges! Those chewy edges never make it till shooting time. In fact, the edges never last more than a couple of hours. They are the first to go!
More brownie recipes!
- 1/2 cup softened butter (1 stick)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs, divided
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 bag Hershey’s caramel kisses, unwrapped
- Heat the oven to 350F. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper.
- In a mixing bowl cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 2 minutes. Add 2 eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add the vanilla extract and mix, scraping the sides of the bowl. Slowly add the cocoa powder, salt and flour and stir until just combined.
- Reserve 3/4 cup of the batter. Spread the remaining batter in the prepared pan.
- Add the unwrapped caramel kisses and arrange them on top of the brownie batter.
- Mix the reserved 3/4 cup brownie batter with the remaining egg. Pour it over the caramel kisses.
- Bake the brownies in the preheated oven for about 33 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and cool completely before cutting them into bars.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Enjoy! Thank you, Rachel, for having me blog-sit for you today.
Thank you, Roxana! Can’t wait to try these.