Basic Pizza Dough
3 c. flour
1 pkg. yeast
1 c. warm water
2 T. oil
¼ t. salt
1. Measure 3 cups of flour into a bowl.
2. In a separate bowl take 1 ¼ c. of flour from the 1st bowl. (this leaves 1 ¾ c. flour left)
3. Add yeast and salt to the 1st bowl. Add warm water and oil. Beat by hand using a wooden spoon for 30 seconds.
4. Stir in as much as the remaining flour as you can. Leave some to prepare your counter top.
5. Turn out into a lightly floured surface.Knead in enough remaining flour to make a moderately stiff dough that is smooth and elastic (6 to 8 minutes total). Shape into a smooth ball. Lightly oil the outside of the ball. Place into a large Ziploc bag. Seal – squeezing out any extra air.
6. Place into the refrigerator over night. Or – you can proof the dough in a lightly greased bowl in a dark warm area for about 1 – ½ hours. The cool rise method works great for preparing the dough a day in advance.