Bananas Foster Pancakes
An exciting dessert-for-breakfast experience, bananas foster pancakes will wow your family, with flambeed bananas in a rich rum sauce atop a stack of pancakes.
I’d like to introduce Kristen of Dine & Dish today and I am so happy that she brought these pancakes. Oh my goodness! Kristen has an amazing way of weaving in captivating stories with her recipes and her gorgeous photography.
Hi, friends, this is Kristen. I’ve always been a pancakes for breakfast kind of gal, but like brownies, I usually prefer my pancakes to be plain without anything mixed in. Instead, I choose to focus on what goes on top of the pancake to make it unique and different.
Aside from maple, my three favorite syrups are this Creamy Buttermilk Syrup, Eggnog Syrup and finally, Creamy Chocolate Syrup. I’m a firm believer that although pancakes are awesome themselves, it is what accompanies the pancakes that makes them even better. I’m constantly trying to up my pancake topping game.
Well, I think I may have hit pancake nirvana with Bananas Foster Pancakes. My husband has been on a bit of a Bananas Foster kick lately… making it as often as he can for dessert at night. One morning, I was looking at some ripe bananas and I thought…. if the mixture Bananas Foster is made up of is so good on ice cream, I wonder what it would taste like on pancakes?
I’m here to tell you, again… it’s pancake nirvana. It’s “get all your calories out of the way for the day at breakfast and not care a bit” kind of good. These pancakes are indulgent, rich and the most delicious start to your day you could possibly imagine. Don’t take it from me… try it out for yourself! Enjoy!
Note: Use extreme caution when igniting the bananas! It’s exciting but can be dangerous if done incorrectly. Follow the directions carefully.
Lots More Pancakes!
Did you make this? Be sure to leave a review below and tag me @rachelcooksblog on Facebook, Instagram, or Pinterest!
- 1 batch of your favorite pancakes (try this )
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup dark rum
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- Prepare pancakes as directed.
- In a cast iron or heavy skillet with a long handle, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and stir. Add cream, and bananas and stir until mixture is thick and bubbly, 1-2 minutes.
- Use Extreme Caution In This Step! Pour in rum and stir to combine. Using a long lighter, tip the pan towards the open flame (away from your body) until the alcohol in the pan ignites. The mixture will flame for 30 seconds or so then should die down on its own.
- Once the flame has been eliminated, remove the pan from the heat and stir in cinnamon.
- Top cooked pancakes with Bananas Foster mixture while it is still warm. Enjoy!
- Nutrition information is for topping only.
This website provides approximate nutrition information for convenience and as a courtesy only. Nutrition data is gathered primarily from the USDA Food Composition Database, whenever available, or otherwise other online calculators.
Leave a Review