Let’s see…what’s new at the Gurks! Well, my daughter turned 9. NINE. I started this website a couple of months after she was born and the fact that she’s nine now? It blows my mind. She’s my number one girl and I’m so grateful to be her mom. She’s sassy, spirited, smart, and gives me a run for my money every day…but she has a heart of gold and I know she’s going to do big things in life.
This photo was after her school birthday party. We took the girls in her class to a pottery painting place, and it was so fun watching her interact with her friends. SO MANY GIGGLES.
I know I could share a professional photo of her and I, but the truth is, my camera roll is full of selfies and they’re some of my favorite shots. In the car (parked!), pretty bad lighting, and my hair is frizzy and in need of a dye job, but the joy in her smile and her eyes after spending the day with her friends make this a winner in my book.
She’s growing up too fast. It’s true what they say, “The days are long but the years are short.” If anyone finds a way to bottle up these moments…let me know.
Stuff I’m loving:
- Eliza J Dresses! I have probably 7 or 8 dresses with this label. I’m a tall girl with some curves…so dresses that fit me properly aren’t always the easiest to find. Eliza J dresses always fit me well and are really good quality. They’re also mostly fairly modest which works well for work events I attend with Ben (he’s a principal if you’re new around here). I recently bought and wore this one…I wasn’t totally sure about it when I ordered it, but I loved it on (super flattering and comfy!). I also just ordered this one, I already had it in green and it’s a really great versatile dress for church, work events, funerals, etc. By the way, Eliza J doesn’t know who I am…this isn’t sponsored, I’m just a fan and wanted to share.
- This super-soft (and affordable!) sweater. It’s the perfect length, even for tall girls, and it couldn’t be more comfy.
- Googly Eyes. Oh my gosh, this game is too much fun! We’re all having a blast with it.
- Fall decor! I love entertaining during the fall, and decorating my house accordingly. I have my eyes on this sign (love the message) and this one.
- The Hearth & Hand Collection at Target. I went on a small shopping spree for new dishes for recipe photos. This platter (it’s large and gorgeous!), these soup bowls (perfect for chili), and this ladle are some of my favorite buys. But, ummm….this mug? I just found it, but I’m probably going to buy it before this post goes live because I love it.
Fall is officially here!
I can’t believe it’s October, but the calendar keeps telling me it is. I have yet to get pumpkins for my porch (I’m slacking!), but I have definitely brought pumpkin into my kitchen! Try these recipes this month: